2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 55K
  • Politics 
Oh, Harris would definitely be hurt more, and there is definitely a political and media double standard when it comes to Trump and has been from the beginning.

Also, regarding the discussions of why Harris has surged since entering the race, I think it's mainly for two reasons: one is that her choice of Walz seems to have been a home run, especially compared to Trump's pick of Vance. And second, it seems as if there have always been a large number of people (and not all of them are Democrats) who are simply tired of Trump and want him to go away, but who were also concerned about Biden's age and ability to serve another term and therefore holding back. And so when Kamala entered the race these people have finally been coming out to support her and they're likely just happy to have a plausible alternative to another four years of Dear Leader. I say that because you can almost sense at Trump's rallies that even his supporters are sometimes tired of his stale rhetoric and rambling - he's like an entertainer whose routine has become tired and old. That doesn't mean he can't still win of course, but it definitely seems like he's lost a step and growing numbers of voters just want him to go away - they're looking for something new and fresh, and right now "fresh" is Harris and Walz.
The double standard from the US media and electorate is crazy. Trump called a female journalist a maggot yesterday and it's just accepted by many in our country. This would have been completely disqualifying probably just a decade ago, and certainly twelve years ago when the Obama and Romney campaigns comported themselves with class and professionalism. Now it's just "Trump being Trump." It's so disheartening.

In other words, Trump isn’t going to “win” the election but there’s still time for Kamala to “lose” it, like Biden did in the first debate.
LOL. Man, you just can't let it go with the Biden debate performance, can you? Strange thing to harp on in, like, every other post. Your posting style is like the Trump campaign: Old, tired, living in the past and definitely kinda weird. To the extent that Trump Derangement Syndrome is even a thing, at least it's a response to a person who actually has a chance to become president. But at this point anybody still obsessed with Biden, which you clearly very much are, is just bizarre...

Hey bro just @ me next time! (Haha jk). But I was definitely one of the ones- though not nearly as vocal or as adamant about it as that one poster whose name is escaping me- who thought that Joe was the Dems best bet up until he actually dropped out. I just figured that 1. the advantage of incumbency with a good legislative track record was something that shouldn’t be forfeited, 2. that a bloody open primary would kill any changes the Dems had to win, and 3. I was still remembering the 2019 Kamala Harris on the campaign trail and had no clue she had become the 2024 campaigning powerhouse that we’ve seen her become. Shows how little I know, though. Never been more glad to be wrong in my life!
Ha! No it’s all good. I didn’t even have you in mind as one of the main ones. There were several. The only back and forth I remember having with you is when you said you didn’t trust the backup kicker to make such a monumental kick in the Super Bowl and I said yeah but the starting kicker just had his leg amputated on national TV :ROFLMAO:

It’s ultimately a good thing for you though that Harris is doing so much better than b Biden, so I’m not bragging.

LOL. Man, you just can't let it go with the Biden debate performance, can you? Strange thing to harp on in, like, every other post. Your posting style is like the Trump campaign: Old, tired, living in the past and definitely kinda weird. To the extent that Trump Derangement Syndrome is even a thing, at least it's a response to a person who actually has a chance to become president. But at this point anybody still obsessed with Biden, which you clearly very much are, is just bizarre...
Trump didn't win the first debate in any debating sense - his own performance was terrible - he just rambled and blustered and verbally wandered all over the place like he usually does. Trump didn't "beat" Biden, but Biden "lost" the debate in the sense that the only thing the media and most viewers cared about was whether Biden seemed mentally and physically "with it" in the debate and for at least the first twenty minutes or so he didn't. And so that became the story of the debate. But Trump didn't win anything - to say that he out-argued Biden in any sense is absurd.

Oh, Harris would definitely be hurt more, and there is definitely a political and media double standard when it comes to Trump and has been from the beginning.

Also, regarding the discussions of why Harris has surged since entering the race, I think it's mainly for two reasons: one is that her choice of Walz seems to have been a home run, especially compared to Trump's pick of Vance. And second, it seems as if there have always been a large number of people (and not all of them are Democrats) who are simply tired of Trump and want him to go away, but who were also concerned about Biden's age and ability to serve another term and therefore holding back. And so when Kamala entered the race these people have finally been coming out to support her and they're likely just happy to have a plausible alternative to another four years of Dear Leader. I say that because you can almost sense at Trump's rallies that even his supporters are sometimes tired of his stale rhetoric and rambling - he's like an entertainer whose routine has become tired and old. That doesn't mean he can't still win of course, but it definitely seems like he's lost a step and growing numbers of voters just want him to go away - they're looking for something new and fresh, and right now "fresh" is Harris and Walz.
Agree, especially to the last point. Outside of the MAGA bubble, most Americans know the country is not the dystopian hellhole Trump has been describing the last nine years. People are sick of his tired negative schtick. We want to be inspired, not told how terrible we are. Kamala and Tim are knocking that out of the park.

Trump is getting very angry at Fox again after their poll. He's whining that they should only reference the Rasmussen poll. Not sure why that one is showing more favorable to him.

Heads may roll at Fox again. Remember, they fired the election analyst last time that called AZ, I think, for Biden. Of course Biden did win.

But it's not a cult or anything like that.

Trump is getting very angry at Fox again after their poll. He's whining that they should only reference the Rasmussen poll. Not sure why that one is showing more favorable to him.

Heads may roll at Fox again. Remember, they fired the election analyst last time that called AZ, I think, for Biden. Of course Biden did win.

But it's not a cult or anything like that.
Rasmussen gave up, about 6 years ago, on trying to be a good pollster. They ripped off the Scooby mask and now just post all far-right news and stuff. They turned 100% propoganda

Trolls gonna troll. He's just managed to find a polite way to do it so he flies under the radar and doesn't get banned.

I'll say this: He was one of the only ones on the old board predicting Joe Biden wouldn't make it to the 2024 elections as the nominee. Do I think he believed it? I do not. I think he was trolling. But it turns out he was correct. Let him have his day. He's earned the right to prance around a bit on that point. Unfortunately for him, come November he's going to be wishing like hell that he was wrong about that one.

Trolls gonna troll. He's just managed to find a polite way to do it so he flies under the radar and doesn't get banned.

I'll say this: He was one of the only ones on the old board predicting Joe Biden wouldn't make it to the 2024 elections as the nominee. Do I think he believed it? I do not. I think he was trolling. But it turns out he was correct. Let him have his day. He's earned the right to prance around a bit on that point. Unfortunately for him, come November he's going to be wishing like hell that he was wrong about that one.
First off, I am not a troll and never have been.

Second off, it hardly took a genius to see that Biden wasn’t going to be a viable candidate in 2024. The only people who believed he could make it to the election were people who just believe whatever they’re told - those folks just kept chugging along as if everything was fine with his health because CNN and MSNBC told them so. Remember the so called “insiders” close to Biden who said he was “sharper than ever!!” a couple weeks before that debate? Lol

Third, I’m not cocky at all about Trump’s chances to beat Harris. But I’m also not going to pretend like the world is ending if my preferred candidate doesn’t win an election.

Back