2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 55K
  • Politics 
Second off, it hardly took a genius to see that Biden wasn’t going to be a viable candidate in 2024. The only people who believed he could make it to the election were people who just believe whatever they’re told - those folks just kept chugging along as if everything was fine with his health because CNN and MSNBC told them so. Remember the so called “insiders” close to Biden who said he was “sharper than ever!!” a couple weeks before that debate? Lol
Dude, you were chugging along on the Desantis train so hard a few months ago and then when that derailed (which it hardly took a genius to see that was going to happen) you jumped on the Haley train. You of all people really don't need to be making any kind of statements that begin with the words "it hardly took a genius to see"...

Funny, a lot of people say as soon as you get south of Columbus you're in Kentucky
You sure it isn't as soon as you get south of Detroit? I guess Toledo is sort of still Detroit. They're all Wings and Lions fans there.

I kid, I kid. Ohio isn't ALL bad.

Dude, you were chugging along on the Desantis train so hard a few months ago and then when that derailed (which it hardly took a genius to see that was going to happen) you jumped on the Haley train. You of all people really don't need to be making any kind of statements that begin with the words "it hardly took a genius to see"...
The Republicans should have nominated Nikki while they had a chance. But cults gonna cult. I was disappointed to see her grovel back to the cult because her calculus was to retain favor for a 2028 POTUS run.

What we witnessed with Biden being replaced was historic and still worth mentioning in the context of this race. If you guys can still talk about January 6th, 2021 every day, I can still talk about Biden being replaced mere weeks after it happened.
lol. If your ilk would stop denying Jan 6 was what it was then the nation could move on from it. But of course you can’t do that because your side needs bs conspiracy theories to keep the ignorant base riled up.

In contrast to your ilk’s lies about Jan 6, no one denies Biden blew the debate.

The Republicans should have nominated Nikki while they had a chance. But cults gonna cult. I was disappointed to see her grovel back to the cult because her calculus was to retain favor for a 2028 POTUS run.
Her capitulation should be disqualifying for 2028. But ... it won't be. The press will give her a pass. All will be forgotten.

It is North Kentucky today.

Funny, a lot of people say as soon as you get south of Columbus you're in Kentucky

Cincinnati is the biggest city in Kentucky

Jerry Springer World.
Keep kicking Kentucky around like that and I'm going to post the Luke Beasley video from the Trump rally in Charlotte, North.

And a bunch of you really wanted KY Governor Beshear to be the VP pick.

I'm just kidding of course. I'm from KY and know it sucks.

I was just giving you a hard time. Since marrying into Michiganders, I've been duly trained in insulting Ohio.
I thought you weren't married and never would be. I got chewed out for that mistake a couple of years ago. Have you changed your mind?

The Harris - Walz phenomenon is a desire for a return to normalcy. Folks are sick and tired of Dystopia Donald messaging, his firehose of lies, and bizarre bluster, and attacks on our democratic republic - including J6.

2016 was a fluke - HIllary's campaign was ill thought out (even though she still won the popular vote). They sought a mandate instead of protecting the Blue Wall. The MSM wanted Trump and insisted he'd act Presidential any day now. We're still waiting! Hillary had an incredibly high negative Q - she wasn't likable. Then there was the Comey letter...which was a bust, but early voting and momentum swung toward Trump. Trump only ran to increase his brand which had been failing at business venture after business venture.

Walz and Kamala are more like regular people who will work with the people and for the people. I don't agree with all of their policies, but I don't think this election is about policy. It's about climate.
I’m not sure which part I find funnier. That the MSM wanted Trump to win or 2016, or that climate is the key issue of the 2024 election. Come on…

I was always Haley over DeSantis, but my main stance was “whichever Republican is most likely to defeat Trump in the primary.”

Early on that was DeSantis, but once his campaign fell flat on its face and Haley actually passed him in the primary, I quickly moved to her since she was my preferred candidate of the lot regardless.

I’m going to go out on a limb. 319-219.

[inaugural zzlp.com post]

I think she outperforms Biden in 2020, particularly if RFK is on ballots. Biden was more of a vote for normalcy/rejection of chaos (I don't think voters were enthusiastic about him). The current Harris vibe feels more like Obama '08. Feels like dems are united and excited to turn out. Trump hasn't gained supporters in the last 4 years. He's the same recycled playlist of hate/anger. My biggest fear is that he replaces Vance with Haley.

[inaugural zzlp.com post]

I think she outperforms Biden in 2020, particularly if RFK is on ballots. Biden was more of a vote for normalcy/rejection of chaos (I don't think voters were enthusiastic about him). The current Harris vibe feels more like Obama '08. Feels like dems are united and excited to turn out. Trump hasn't gained supporters in the last 4 years. He's the same recycled playlist of hate/anger. My biggest fear is that he replaces Vance with Haley.

I think some states have already had deadlines for the ticket

Per the NYT NYC article linked in the Kamala rally thread. This flabbergasts me. If he's even close to tied in Ohio there's no chance he wins. None. Zero. Zilch.

"Others are more concerned about what they are seeing in private polling. Two private polls conducted in Ohio recently by Republican pollsters — which Mr. Trump carried in 2020 with 53 percent of the vote — showed him receiving less than 50 percent of the vote against Ms. Harris in the state, according to a person with direct knowledge of the data."

Per the NYT NYC article linked in the Kamala rally thread. This flabbergasts me. If he's even close to tied in Ohio there's no chance he wins. None. Zero. Zilch.

"Others are more concerned about what they are seeing in private polling. Two private polls conducted in Ohio recently by Republican pollsters — which Mr. Trump carried in 2020 with 53 percent of the vote — showed him receiving less than 50 percent of the vote against Ms. Harris in the state, according to a person with direct knowledge of the data."
I think Ohio’s recent success with the abortion and recreational marijuana propositions may have re-energized more liberal voters in the state. In addition to the Presidential election and Sherrod Brown’s reelection campaign, there is a statewide referendum on the ballot to “Establish the Ohio Citizens Redistricting Commission (CRC), a 15-member non-politician commission responsible for adopting state legislative and congressional redistricting plans” to take gerrymandering out of the hands of the godawful Ohio legislature.

This may motivate liberal voters in Ohio to get out to the polls in November. Unless their Secretary of State manages to purge enough Democratic voters from the rolls to impact the election.

I was always Haley over DeSantis, but my main stance was “whichever Republican is most likely to defeat Trump in the primary.”
Yeah, my point was that if there was anything that has ever happened in US politics that it didn't take a genius to see, it was that Trump was going to definitely, absolutely be the republican nominee. And since you clearly didn't see that and truly thought that there might possibly be another republican that could even feasibly be seen as "most likely to defeat Trump in the primary," (indeed, you refer to this as your "main stance," LOL), you need to lay off of using the term "it didn't take a genius to see" regarding, well, anything...

Last edited:
Back