2024 Presidential Election | 43 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 91K
  • Politics 
It is on tv in the next room and sounds like Trump's focus in his special Asheville "mini-rally" to focus on the economy is about the grave injustice done to Joe Biden to be pushed out of the race.

1723666794679.jpeg

My daughter just sent me this in an uproar, saying she just got this text. She’s a 23 year old SWF here in Charlotte and already is heavy on the Harris train, but this is pushing her even farther. Frankly I hope trumps campaign sends this to every single female in NC. LOL.

I told my daughter that this honestly felt more like a troll attempt than a real political ad, but I guess I should put it past him to be that stupid.

1723666794679.jpeg

My daughter just sent me this in an uproar, saying she just got this text. She’s a 23 year old SWF here in Charlotte and already is heavy on the Harris train, but this is pushing her even farther. Frankly I hope trumps campaign sends this to every single female in NC. LOL.

I told my daughter that this honestly felt more like a troll attempt than a real political ad, but I guess I should put it past him to be that stupid.
That looks like a Harris ad. Your 23 year old daughter ought to be internet savvy enough to think that is sus.

I dunno - I really do think the game changed with Gingrich and the rise of Republican obstructionism as a strategy back in the 90s, happening around the same time as the rise of conservative talk radio. I wasn't old enough to experience the 1988 election, but what happened in that cycle that seems of a kind with the current political temperature and animosity? Wasn't it just the mostly lighthearted making fun of Dukakis looking dumb in a tank?

If you want you could point back to the "Southern strategy" of co-opting southern evangelicals into conservatism through culture war grievance that was initiated in the late 70s. To me that's the earliest of the three clear "fundamental shifts in the political atmosphere/discourse" you can identify leading us to where we are today:

--Southern strategy in the late 70s; beginning of the modern "culture war" politics
--Gingrich and the dawn of Republican obstructionism in the 90s, simultaneous with the rise of Limbaugh et al
--The 2008 election and the rise of the Tea Party movement, which after Romney's defeat in 2012 would ultimate coalesce around Trump as MAGA
In the 1988 election they tied being liberal to Willie Horton and for years and years Dems avoided the L word like the plague.

Obviously there are rachets up. Gingrich was a rachet. Trump is a rachet. I'm not sure Gingrich completely changed the game.

Clearly this photo of Trump and Robinson together was not taken in August in NC ... I read somewhere that there is substantial internal/premium polling that the campaigns have showing that Robinson is a huge drag on the GOP, which made me wonder if Robinson would be given a prominent spot in this mini-rally thing today. I'm not sure if he was, but clearly Harris/Walz want to make sure to tie that anchor to Trump:

Clearly this photo of Trump and Robinson together was not taken in August in NC ... I read somewhere that there is substantial internal/premium polling that the campaigns have showing that Robinson is a huge drag on the GOP, which made me wonder if Robinson would be given a prominent spot in this mini-rally thing today. I'm not sure if he was, but clearly Harris/Walz want to make sure to tie that anchor to Trump:

Trump did specifically call out Robinson as a patriot and fighter and the next governor.

Did he see a woman he wanted to force himself upon?

FLASHBACK:

Who TF thought of having grab'em by the Pussy moment recalled with tic-tacs today?

1723666794679.jpeg

Yeah that seems more like Dem black ops.

Back