2024 Presidential Election | 45 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
It won't move a damn thing
It's pretty obvious that the MAGA's on this board think "doing their own research" is just looking at Trump's ads and believing that if Trump said it, then that is good enough for them. Trump Inerrancy.

I like Harris. I'm going to vote for Harris. But I don't think Harris ads or what Harris says in speechs is inerrant.

He is indeed a true Trumper - rapidly getting in on the grift, I see. CNN should be embarrassed by their obvious failure to do even a routine background check or internet research to see if he was really "undecided", but I strongly suspect that they don't care and will likely make the same "mistake" with their next focus group of "undecideds."

Why do Trump voters hate our military???

And yet I know several military vets who are hardcore Trumpers all the way through. And most of them are Trumpers not so much because of military or veteran issues (although they often think that Democrats don't support the military for whatever reason), but because they're all hardcore culture conservatives. Even if they hadn't served in the military I think they would still be all in on Trump because of their distaste for duh gheys and transgenders and NFL players kneeling for the anthem and so on.

And yet I know several military vets who are hardcore Trumpers all the way through. And most of them are Trumpers not so much because of military or veteran issues (although they often think that Democrats don't support the military for whatever reason), but because they're all hardcore culture conservatives. Even if they hadn't served in the military I think they would still be all in on Trump because of their distaste for duh gheys and transgenders and NFL players kneeling for the anthem and so on.
Hopefully some of their wives are tired of getting pregnant right before deployment............

Elon Musk, the world’s richest person, has hired a Republican operative with expertise in field organizing to help steer his political work, a move that suggests that Mr. Musk is preparing to become even more involved in Republican politics and get-out-the-vote efforts specifically.

Chris Young, most recently a senior political official at PhRMA, the trade association of the pharmaceutical industry that does some grass-roots organizing, is joining Mr. Musk’s team, according to three people briefed on the move. They spoke on condition of anonymity because it was not public.

The hire reflects a less whimsical approach to political involvement for Mr. Musk. The Tesla, X and SpaceX leader has been a mercurial political and philanthropic donor for years, frustrating some in the conservative movement. He has just a few key relationships in Washington: Mr. Musk is particularly close with Kevin McCarthy, the former speaker of the House, who himself is close with Mr. Young professionally.

Long time lurker here, but this is absolutely wild to me. Kash was a member of the same gym as me in DC for a long time and I even got drinks with him a few times. Absolutely no one had any idea he was even in the administration until the media started covering his story. When the gym community (very LGBTQ+ friendly and liberal) found out what he did, it was mind blowing. Clearly addicted to pseudo-fame and grifting. No excuses whatsoever.

The group says that while they continue to applaud the Uncommitted Movement and plan on holding a Harris-Walz administration accountable on Gaza and other matters, “with less than 70 days until the November election, we have to be honest with ourselves about what is at stake here for Muslim women…”

The group urges the Muslim community to vote for VP Kamala Harris this November.

Elon Musk, the world’s richest person, has hired a Republican operative with expertise in field organizing to help steer his political work, a move that suggests that Mr. Musk is preparing to become even more involved in Republican politics and get-out-the-vote efforts specifically.

Chris Young, most recently a senior political official at PhRMA, the trade association of the pharmaceutical industry that does some grass-roots organizing, is joining Mr. Musk’s team, according to three people briefed on the move. They spoke on condition of anonymity because it was not public.

The hire reflects a less whimsical approach to political involvement for Mr. Musk. The Tesla, X and SpaceX leader has been a mercurial political and philanthropic donor for years, frustrating some in the conservative movement. He has just a few key relationships in Washington: Mr. Musk is particularly close with Kevin McCarthy, the former speaker of the House, who himself is close with Mr. Young professionally.
don’t want to buy his cars.

All because his child is transgender and hates him.

Donald Trump amplified a vulgar joke about Vice President Kamala Harris performing a sex act. He falsely accused her of a staging a coup to secure the Democratic nomination and faulted her without evidence for a security lapse that enabled a rogue gunman to try to assassinate him. He shared a manipulated online image of Bill Gates in an orange jumpsuit and a call for Barack Obama to face a “military tribunal.” He promoted explicit tributes to the QAnon conspiracy theory. He hawked digital trading cards in an online infomercial along with pieces of his debate night suit. (“People are calling it the knockout suit.”) His campaign feuded publicly with Arlington National Cemetery over their visit.

And that was just in the span of 24 hours.

Back