2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
I’m always so amused that things like “best economy in the world post-pandemic, lowest unemployment rates in decades, crime rates plummeting to decades-lows, illegal border crossings plummeting to 4-year lows, highest consumer spending in American history, most number of Americans taking vacations ever” =
“disaster!!!!!!” according to Republicans.

Guess it’s going to take Biden or Harris sucking off Vladimir Putin on stage at a campaign rally to make Republicans feel like this country is FINALLY on the right path!

MAGA!

This is what I mean by Trump fatigue:

“Regarding “Republicans for Harris,” I see no reason to pretend there’s a good policy case for voting for her, and I find attempts to do so disingenuous. I’ve caught a lot of flak for saying I’m right-leaning and considering her, but I’m not obscuring my intent or goals. If I vote for Harris, it will be solely to show the GOP what happens when it morphs from political party to deranged cult.

I’ve voted for plenty of down ballot Republicans in the Trump era, as long as they’re within the realm of normalcy, and specifically for balance in a blue-ish state like Virginia. But I will never vote for Trump, or for a Republican candidate who makes MAGA their entire personality. (For example, I voted for Youngkin. I would not have voted for his primary opponent, self-described “Trump in heels” Amanda Chase.)

Because of these decisions, I’ve been called everything from a right-wing extremist, to a Marxist, to a partisan Democrat, to a handmaiden. You name it. None of that bothers me. I’m used to people short-circuiting when they can’t easily comprehend my views or decisions. But I think all political observers would do well to understand that there are more people like me than perhaps they realize, mostly because they’re normies who don’t tweet about it. Do you think the Haley-Biden voters are all partisan Democrats? Do you think the people in Ohio who voted for DeWine but not Trump or Vance are Marxists, or are they independents who will often vote for Republicans if they aren’t insane?

Ultimately, the point here is twofold. You can find the oddly celebratory nature of some of the “Republicans for Harris” disingenuous. I do. But it’s also the case that voting explicitly against Trump is very appealing, and pretending that’s not happening, or it’s only partisan Democrats doing so, will lead you to miss a very big, and perhaps politically important, point.”

I fully believe that there will be ebbs and flows and good days and bad days for the Harris campaign
I bet there are going to be a lot more bad days for the Trump campaign than for the Harris campaign. It's what they do...

Here’s a question I’ve asked my Pub friends ever since Biden dropped out and they’ve expressed concern over a “crazy left agenda” with Harris. How does that happen when the SCOTUS is safely conservative, and the Senate is probably better than 50/50 to flip? Even if the House flips blue, how would anything get pushed through with a Pub Senate?

If that’s truly the concern of Pubs, I’d prefer they vote for Harris and then vote Pub down the rest of the ticket. It creates a stalemate but at least it doesn’t put a nut back in the WH.
I certainly see the benefit of split power in various different ways. Cooper plus the Republican legislature has done great things for NC the last 8 years.

If I have to take a risk on one party having all the power in Washington though, I would rather it be Republicans than Democrats. Washington is just too insane for me to vote for any Dem for a federal office.

If I have to take a risk on one party having all the power in Washington though, I would rather it be Republicans than Democrats. Washington is just too insane for me to vote for any Dem for a federal office.
I work in a hospital treating psych patients. I sat in on an interview this morning with a new patient who didn't say anything as delusional as this.

I could understand someone having this position 15 years ago. Respectfully, I can't anymore.

Hopefully Trump goads all of his idiot followers into liquidating their retirement portfolios in order to buy gold and silver from the Fox News commercials. More discount stocks for the rest of us!

Since we are close to the VP pick, was just thinking when was the last time A Dem picked a Governor as VP? And not sure when the GOP has either? Seems like they pretty much stick to experienced Washington hands. So I wonder if this affects Shapiro's prospects especially since he's only been Governor for two years.

Back