A few things to take a look at...

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 6
  • Views: 139

Rock

Chef de Cuisine
Staff Member
There is an enormous amount to get done and a "guide" of sorts will be written soon but one key thing to look at is your account preferences. Specifically how you are notified about things. If you click your username/avatar in the top right you will see a popup that looks like this:

Screenshot 2024-07-23 193900.png
It will look different on mobile but you should be able to figure it out. Under preferences there are a ton of options for receiving notifications. Please look them through to ensure you don't get emails when you don't want them, that you only receive notifications when you want them, etc. I have set it to default that you don't get emails but 4 of you signed up before I could change the option. Also, when you "watch" a thread, it will think you want to be notified about every little thing. You can change how you get notified and still watch stuff however. Just look through that and decide what you like. Disregard the media/resources notifications (that have to do with picture albums and such) as I will be removing that stuff soon.

Feel free to peruse through this area as you can create a custom title for yourself, upload an avatar, and many other choices. You can turn on the light/dark theme up there, search for stuff (nothing yet of course), DM posters, etc.

Thanks for helping get our community going and we'll talk much more soon.

Also, you "like" stuff on here in the bottom right of a message instead of upvote or down vote. You hover over it on computer or click and hold on mobile and it'll give you a few options like love/laugh/hate emojis which is how people kind of interact w/ this forum software.

Hey Rock...do you access this content through an app on your mobile, or a browser?

Hey Rock...do you access this content through an app on your mobile, or a browser?
When I'm working on it, desktop PC. I'm on mobile safari on my iPhone as I post this so I can make sure stuff is working. I do believe there is an app though...

There's a lot of tinkering to do to get it all to work across devices and programs. Did you have a specific question?

When I'm working on it, desktop PC. I'm on safari as I post this so I can make sure stuff is working. I do believe there is an app though...

There's a lot of tinkering to do to get it all to work across devices and programs. Did you have a specific question?

No, nothing specific.

It's just that I really like this format a lot, and I can see myself transferring over here pretty easily, probably for the rest of my life. Just wondered if I should get an app for it.

So for the first time I want to put an "avatar"on my posts It is actually a picture of Terry Sanford-the first progressive politician in NC Now I can find a picture and copy link-How do I get it "imbedded" in my posts?

So for the first time I want to put an "avatar"on my posts It is actually a picture of Terry Sanford-the first progressive politician in NC Now I can find a picture and copy link-How do I get it "imbedded" in my posts?
If you find the picture and put it in a post, I can add it to your profile myself. I will make an instruction guide today about how to do that for everyone but just trying to simplify things for you for now.

To add a picture, you just click the picture icon above the comment box or you can do the attach file option below the comment box. If that makes sense. Happy to help.

Back