Baggage Claim — ZZLP Random Complaint Desk

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 10
  • Views: 115

nycfan

Curator/Moderator
ZZL Supporter
I don’t have a complaint to lodge at the moment, but from time to time I do want to rant about some irritant and it doesn’t really fit anywhere. So thought I would set up a complaint desk thread to vent about life’s annoyances.

Complain All That GIF by NickRewind

I used to fly SW a lot when I lived in Dallas. More than once they let me board an earlier flight to NYC or Houston on my ticket for the next one because I was at the gate and they had an unused seat. All breezy, yeah, sure, just grab a seat.

I can see how times have changed enough that people aren’t mellow enough to be allowed to choose their seat on boarding anymore.

People who leave their vehicles parked at gas pumps while they go into the shop at a gas station piss me off.

This morning I stopped to get gas at a Circle K. It was around 9:00, so a busy time with people trying to work. This Circle K has four gas pumps, but one wasn’t working (had the yellow bag on it) so it was down to three.

When I pulled in there was a Jeep Cherokee parked at a pump with nobody in it. So it was taking up that pump. The two other working pumps were occupied so I waited my turn. The guy I was waiting on had just started pumping gas when I pulled up behind him. Once he left, I pulled up to the pump. Still, no one had returned to the Jeep Cherokee.

I pumped my gas and left. Even as I was leaving, no one had yet returned to the Jeep Cherokee. There were a number of cars waiting for a gas pump to become available.

That person who left the Jeep Cherokee parked there is a POS.

People who leave their vehicles parked at gas pumps while they go into the shop at a gas station piss me off.

This morning I stopped to get gas at a Circle K. It was around 9:00, so a busy time with people trying to work. This Circle K has four gas pumps, but one wasn’t working (had the yellow bag on it) so it was down to three.

When I pulled in there was a Jeep Cherokee parked at a pump with nobody in it. So it was taking up that pump. The two other working pumps were occupied so I waited my turn. The guy I was waiting on had just started pumping gas when I pulled up behind him. Once he left, I pulled up to the pump. Still, no one had returned to the Jeep Cherokee.

I pumped my gas and left. Even as I was leaving, no one had yet returned to the Jeep Cherokee. There were a number of cars waiting for a gas pump to become available.

Yeah, that is bogus. I am so sensitive about that I recall the last time I left my car at a pump after putting in gas -- the thing couldn't run my credit card so I ran in to pay inside (IIRC, it turned out the pump's pay system was messed up) -- I actually made the decision to leave it there so it wouldn't look like I was trying to pump and run, then felt bad that it took me a while to get to pay inside.

Or its raining and the parking lot in front of the grocer is mostly flooded except for one safe spot to run through. Thats where jerkbrain parks-now jerkbrain is still in the car-he sent the wife to run in and get his 12 pack (TIL I buy 12 packs on occasion )

I used to fly SW a lot when I lived in Dallas. More than once they let me board an earlier flight to NYC or Houston on my ticket for the next one because I was at the gate and they had an unused seat. All breezy, yeah, sure, just grab a seat.

I can see how times have changed enough that people aren’t mellow enough to be allowed to choose their seat on boarding anymore.

I always refused to fly SW because I'm 6'5" and getting stuck in a middle seat is awful for me (and for those around me, whose footroom would be invaded, by necessity). If your connecting flight was late, you were screwed. If you have better things to do in life than show up to the airport 2 hours in advance, you were screwed. If you were traveling with friends, screwed. It was a bad policy in my view.

I always refused to fly SW because I'm 6'5" and getting stuck in a middle seat is awful for me (and for those around me, whose footroom would be invaded, by necessity). If your connecting flight was late, you were screwed. If you have better things to do in life than show up to the airport 2 hours in advance, you were screwed. If you were traveling with friends, screwed. It was a bad policy in my view.
Traveling while tall is a bad experience overall. Have to get the priority boarding to get the exit row. Have to get the XL Uber. Have to get the Airbnb with king size beds.

Sincerely,
6'6 guy

I am also 6'5". Due to my mom's fear of flying growing up, I am very used to long drives and they don't bother me. Thus, I will happily drive a pretty good distance to avoid having to fly due to how uncomfortable it is.

The biggest change is that nearly every flight is completely full. Have a connection and you're stuck trying to find a middle seat somewhere even if you paid for the A group boarding.

It's just chaos.

Back