Do you have a favorite cable news political host ?

BillyL

Exceptional Member
Just curious who you might appreciate or respect enough to call a favorite . . ?

I am a big fan of Maddow, but, she's only on once a week these days. I regularly tune in to Ari Melber's 6 PM broadcast and will also hardly ever miss Lawrence O'Donnell's 10 o'clock show . .

Your thoughts . . ?

Just curious who you might appreciate or respect enough to call a favorite . . ?

I am a big fan of Maddow, but, she's only on once a week these days. I regularly tune in to Ari Melber's 6 PM broadcast and will also hardly ever miss Lawrence O'Donnell's 10 o'clock show . .

Your thoughts . . ?
I hate them all. I especially hate the lazy interview or roundtable discussions. It is so formulaic. And that applies to each station.

Rachel’s A block is the only thing even half way decent on cable news these days.

Yeah I like the Beat as Ari is so far outside my reference zone. His rapper knowledge and such makes me feel like maybe I can get some of it.

I only watch cable political news once every 2 years or so when there is a major midterm or presidential election. Otherwise, absolutely never, ever.

I do like to listen to the various Bulwark podcasts from time to time, and another one called “You Might Be Right” with former Tennessee governors Bill Haslam (R) and Phil Bredesen (D).

But absolutely no cable political news for me.

I'll add another vote for the Bulwark podcasts.

I also listen to Breaking Points regularly to get a frame of reference for the anti-establishment/anti corporate media takes that are out there.

I don't watch any cable network news anymore except for election night coverage (usually MSNBC or CNN) or if there's some sort of live major news event, like the J6 insurrection or a mass shooting event (all too common nowadays). I do watch the BBC occasionally and Spectrum News actually isn't too bad, they still do mostly straight news. I still listen to NPR sometimes, and I like reading the UK's Guardian and Reuters websites. But as for cable news, I barely watch them anymore - even the non-right wing networks are mostly just very superficial fluff and celebrity type stories.

I rarely watch any of the "news" shows/channels unless there is a major news story going on, but I do appreciate Anderson Cooper on the times I see him.

Maybe it's just nostalgia, but he just feels like "important news" to me.

He adds no insight? Kornacki is like the Joey Chestnut of breaking down an election map. He's a maestro.
I guess if you know little about how urban, suburban, exurban, and rural areas break, Kornacki adds value……..

He also goes off on counties in AREA #1 or STATE #1 as if they matter in a huge way when Biden has already won Arizona.

But, he’s paid to be an “expert” and they gave him a “cool” digital map; so, he pontificates and adds little-to-nothing.

Back