Drug Price Negotiations - Cost of 10 Rx drugs to be reduced for Medicare

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 36
  • Views: 334
Great news! Should have been done a long time ago. Insurance companies can negotiate drug prices but not the federal government. Didn’t make one damn bit of sense.

I’m in a situation where I’m fortunate enough to not really worry about what I pay for drug prescriptions and honestly I don’t pay close attention when I do have a prescription. But my wife recently had surgery. I went to get the prescriptions filled. For the first time in my life, when I picked up the drug prescriptions, the pharmacist said l, your cost today for these 3 medicines is $0.00. I looked at her like she was crazy.

Now this is probably more to do with my healthcare plan, but I’ve had the same plan for a long time, and never have I had to pay NOTHING. So when people ask me what I think of how this presidency has managed healthcare, I have NO COMPLAINTS

Great news. Dark Brandon goes William Shatner cue the song Drug Price Negotiater!
Now get rid of that ridiculous massive tax break hedge funds get

I hope when the history books are written on the Biden presidency, it’ll focus more on the good than one disastrous debate that cost him any chance of a second term.

I hope when the history books are written on the Biden presidency, it’ll focus more on the good than one disastrous debate that cost him any chance of a second term.
When the history books are written, we will look back and see what a blessing that disastrous debate was, honestly.

Should have been done years ago. Now imagine if CMS was allowed to negotiate all drug prices as it should.

Hopefully, one day, we get Medicare for all.

Of course Medicare patients are specifically ineligible for rebate programs.

The single largest customer for the drug companies are the collective US Medicare population and they are the only group which cannot collectively bargain price. This is a decent step and the drugs on that list are the ones I have the most conversations with my patients about why it's worth paying for them. But it's still way higher than what they would pay in Europe or what the VA is able to negotiate for the veterans.

I honestly don't understand Big Pharma's marketing directly to consumer Budgets (Billions) Don't 90% of people rely on their Physician to prescribe new drugs?

I honestly don't understand Big Pharma's marketing directly to consumer Budgets (Billions) Don't 90% of people rely on their Physician to prescribe new drugs?
There are only 2 countries in the world that allow this

New Zealand and the US

It's ridiculous. The eczema and psoriasis commercials are simply insane right now. The profit margin is so enormous it justifies non step advertising during the Olympics for a very niche drug.

I'm glad he did it, but honestly, this feels like election year pandering. 10 drugs 3 months before the election? I'm a Biden fan but what have you been doing the last 4 years on the thousands of drugs people use?

and then you have a company like HIMS that is direct selling 'lifestyle' prescription drugs to people via social media advertising.

and then you have a company like HIMS that is direct selling 'lifestyle' prescription drugs to people via social media advertising.
Yea They must make a lot of cash-because their ads are non stop

I'm glad he did it, but honestly, this feels like election year pandering. 10 drugs 3 months before the election? I'm a Biden fan but what have you been doing the last 4 years on the thousands of drugs people use?
first rodeo Tex?

Back