Election legal battles & fraud claims | Trump new “CEASE AND DESIST” voter fraud threat

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 90
  • Views: 2K
  • Politics 

“… Democrats sued Georgia’s state election board Monday about its contentious new rule for certifying results. Republicans filed lawsuits in North Carolina and Arizona challenging voter registration procedures there. The Supreme Court also stepped into the fray: Last week the justices took a mixed approach over proof-of-citizenship rules in Arizona.

The state of North Carolina has yet to respond in court, but the election board has released lengthy statements rebutting the premise of the lawsuits.

In a Thursday suit, the GOP claimed the election board’s process for removing noncitizens from the rolls was flawed and improperly delayed. GOP challengers allege the election board hasn’t acted to remove noncitizens from the rolls after the state alerted the people that they were excused from jury duty for not meeting citizenship requirements.

Pat Gannon, the board’s public information director, pointed out that the law requiring the comparison between the jury rolls and voting rolls was just passed in July. Since then, the state has compiled the records and found a total of nine individuals who might need to cancel their registrations, he said, and the checks of state and federal records continue.

“The State Board has been transparent about this process from the very beginning,” Gannon said, requesting that the Republican groups rescind news releases to avoid undermining voter confidence “on an entirely false premise.”

On Monday, the same Republican groups challenged the registration of more than 225,000 voters they allege were improperly registered under a state form, claiming the voters haven’t shown proper ID to prove their eligibility and should have to cast provisional ballots. …”

Gift link: https://www.wsj.com/politics/electi...ks3q6fcl2e97&reflink=mobilewebshare_permalink

Biden was never the nominee, so presumably he was never on the ballots, despite what everyone reasonably assumed about the outcome of the Democratic primary for a while.

I read a lot of horror novels and some of the MAGA behavior lately is reminding me of the moment in a lot of those books, usually in the final third or fourth of the novel, when the ghost/demon/monster/evil human quits caring if the general populace can see its form or evil intent and just goes for it.

Not saying that MAGA are evil or as bad as horror novel villains, just that they are beginning to seem unbothered about even the pretense of following rules, laws or tenets of basic decency so long as whatever they do advances their goal. The cult is convinced theirs is a righteous cause untethered to ethics, morality, legality or decency — like they’ve cast themselves in some wild exorcism movie where they are the lay-exorcists and everyone opposed are demons.

I read a lot of horror novels and some of the MAGA behavior lately is reminding me of the moment in a lot of those books, usually in the final third or fourth of the novel, when the ghost/demon/monster/evil human quits caring if the general populace can see its form or evil intent and just goes for it.

Not saying that MAGA are evil or as bad as horror novel villains, just that they are beginning to seem unbothered about even the pretense of following rules, laws or tenets of basic decency so long as whatever they do advances their goal. The cult is convinced theirs is a righteous cause untethered to ethics, morality, legality or decency — like they’ve cast themselves in some wild exorcism movie where they are the lay-exorcists and everyone opposed are demons.

MAGAts and Trumplicans are WORSE than horror novel/movie villains/monsters.

Trump going after Pennsylvania so hard right now makes me feel much better about PA versus polls. He's nervous as hell about it

Back