God, where are these people?

No, why are there not more running for office. We could use approximately 550 more.
Jeff Jackson is a mainstream Dem. He's good but he's not one of a kind. If you want more of what Jeff Jackson brings, then listen to Buttigieg, or Jamie Raskin, or Spanbarger, or Slotkin, or Sherrod Brown, or Corey Booker, or Ruben Gallego, etc.

Jackson looks amazing to you because you're implicitly comparing him to the folks on your side of the aisle. Among Dems, he's like Klay Thompson or Jrue Holiday -- a star player but not necessarily the team's superstar.

I was walking to a Jeff Jackson "meet and greet" about a year or two ago. Because it was in a residential area I had to park several blocks away. Shortly after I got out of my car, I looked across the street and saw Jeff Jackson walking in the same direction as I was. I yelled over to him, "I guess this means I'm walking in the right direction." He laughed, crossed the street, and we had a nice talk on the way to the "meet and greet." He's got a great future, but NC Republicans must really be terrified of him.

I was walking to a Jeff Jackson "meet and greet" about a year or two ago. Because it was in a residential area I had to park several blocks away. Shortly after I got out of my car, I looked across the street and saw Jeff Jackson walking in the same direction as I was. I yelled over to him, "I guess this means I'm walking in the right direction." He laughed, crossed the street, and we had a nice talk on the way to the "meet and greet." He's got a great future, but NC Republicans must really be terrified of him.
TBF, the NC GOP is terrified of everything. They can’t exist without a boogeyman of some sort.

Trump has turned the GQP into a grievance-airing society and projecting snowflakes. It's embarrassing.

Now tell us why he wasn't allowed to run for Senate in 2022.
Different reason than gerrymandering.

There are times I want to curse Chuck Schumer for putting his resources behind Cal Cunningham in 2020. If Cal had either never had his affair OR he’d continued his affair unknown to anyone, Cal beats Tillis. That loss is on Cal; but, if Schumer had stayed out, Jackson wins. Boring ass white guy who comes across as Republican-lite versus a charismatic young Democrat.

In 2022, Chuck Schumer once again put his thumb on the scale and effed the Democrats in North Carolina. He chose a boring judge who had never campaigned for office (judicial candidates DO NOT campaign for office in North Carolina) over a vibrant, charismatic state house/senate member.

Chuck Schumer cost himself at least one Democratic senator.

Back