GOP slouches into the Crazy -IMMIGRATION Edition | Trump Won’t Condemn Bomb Threats in Springfield OH

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 775
  • Views: 16K
  • Politics 
Gift link to WSJ explainer off the Haitians eating pets conspiracy that so thoroughly derailed Trump at the debate and surprised a lot of viewers who were unaware of the social media phenomenon:

“… The pet rumors started with a Facebook post, citing the poster’s “neighbor’s daughter’s friend,” according to local police.

The original poster didn’t cite firsthand knowledge of an incident, Springfield Police said Monday. The post claimed that a pet cat had been found hanging from a branch at a Haitian neighbor’s home after being carved up to be eaten. Whether the neighbor exists and the status of any such neighbor’s citizenship is unknown. …

Debate moderator David Muir told Trump that the network had checked with Springfield City Manager Bryan Heck, who said there were no reports of pets being harmed by immigrants.

When again told it wasn’t true, Trump said: “But the people on television say their dog was eaten by the people that went there.” …”

Q and MAGA regularly use “We the people” as a tagline or basis to claim they are an overwhelming majority …

Newsmax knows this of course, but now “We the People” means the debate stage is rigged for Democrats.

"... A man called Clark County law enforcement dispatchers Aug. 26, alleging four Haitians were carrying geese in their hands. The call audio does not indicate whether the geese were alive or dead, but says it happened within the city of Springfield, near the bike trail along Buck Creek, near Water Street. The audio was first posted Tuesday night on X by Donald Trump Jr.

A “call detail report” from the Clark County Communications Center documents that call. It does not indicate that law enforcement officials ever found the geese, or found the four Haitians that the caller mentioned, to confirm the truth of the report. It says law enforcement eventually suggested the caller contact the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.

... Clark County Commissioner Sasha Rittenhouse said Wednesday morning that the Ohio Department of Natural Resources was unable to find any merit to the claim.

“No videos have surfaced, no pictures have surfaced, no dead geese have surfaced; there’s nothing to substantiate that it’s happening,” Rittenhouse said at County Commission’s regular meeting. ..."

----
Having lived on Lake Norman for over a decade, I would not mourn the geese if anyone decided to do away with a few of them. Heck, we had hunters shooting at ducks all around us every fall (wake up almost every dry morning to the boom of duck hunters in October and November). And during September, you can bag up to 15 geese a day in NC goose hunting season, if you are so inclined. I'm confident that Ohio has some sort of goose hunting season, though don't know whether it applies to the entire state or just specified areas.

scared animals animal GIF

It might work. I'm pretty sure that someone would eat a dead cat for a thousand bucks or less. That's still a good profit margin.

This could go on any number of threads, but OOF —

The father of an 11-year-old Ohio boy who was killed last year when a minivan driven by a Haitian immigrant struck his school bus said Tuesday that Donald Trump and JD Vance were “morally bankrupt politicians” who were using his dead son as a political tool.

Nathan Clark, of Springfield, denounced the Republican presidential ticket and asked Trump and Vance to apologize in an impassioned speech before the City Commission after Vance, the Republican nominee for vice president, mentioned the death of Clark’s son Aiden as a reason to oppose Haitian immigration.

“Using Aiden as a political tool is, to say the least, reprehensible for any political purpose,” Clark said during the commission’s public comment period, according to a livestream of the meeting.

Earlier Tuesday, the Trump-Vance campaign thrust the 11-year-old boy and his family into the nation’s political spotlight. Vance alluded to Aiden in a post on X, writing that “a child was murdered by a Haitian migrant.” On Monday, an X account used by the Trump campaign posted a tweet about Aiden.

Aiden died in August 2023 on the first day of school when a minivan driven by a Haitian immigrant hit the bus he was riding in. The driver, Hermanio Joseph, was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and vehicular homicide and sentenced to nine to 13 years in prison.

The Clarks have repeatedly asked people not to connect their son’s death with immigration or use his death to support hatred against Haitians.

Clark, with his wife, Danielle, by his side at Tuesday’s meeting, said it was not true that his son was “murdered,” as Vance said.

“My son Aiden Clark was not murdered. He was accidentally killed by an immigrant from Haiti. This tragedy is felt all over this community, the state and even the nation, but don’t spend this towards hate. In order to live like Aiden, you need to accept everyone,” he said.

Clark named four politicians who he said were “morally bankrupt” for referring to his son: Trump, Vance, Ohio's Republican nominee for the Senate, Bernie Moreno, and Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas.

Trump defended his “they’re eating dogs” claims by saying he saw it on tv. I only wish he had said he read it on the internet.

I used to work with a guy born in the Philippines and a girl born in Vietnam, and they both ate dog pretty regularly growing up before moving to the States.

I used to work with a guy born in the Philippines and a girl born in Vietnam, and they both ate dog pretty regularly growing up before moving to the States.
My father was stationed with a heavy mortar company in Korea right after hostilities ended. They had to assign two privates armed with loaded M1 rifles around the clock to protect the company’s dogs from the locals .

Back