GOP slouches into the Crazy -IMMIGRATION Edition | Trump Won’t Condemn Bomb Threats in Springfield OH

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 774
  • Views: 16K
  • Politics 

Glenn Beck was kinda correct with his prophecy about America being destroyed if Obama was reelected. He was just wrong about who would destroy America. The right wing was so distraught over a black man being in the White House they wound up nominating race-baiter Donald Trump as a reaction. Trump proceeded to violate every norm and undermine every institution, leading to a massive beach of faith between the people and their government. We are still in the ‘will we recover?” phase of the post-Trump era, with millions of fools wanting to go back for more.

Anger and fear sells....and motivates people to get out and vote.
I don’t know if as many sane and rational people are buying it anymore.

I know people are easily manipulated but they can only cry wolf so many times until a some people realize what is going on. We don’t need all of them.

I know people are easily manipulated but they can only cry wolf so many times until a some people realize what is going on. We don’t need all of them.
I think anger and fear does still sell at least to 40% or so of the population. The problem is the pure chaos that we saw with Trump as president turned people in the middle so far away from him. I do think someone would do well basing their message on fear but blending it with a calmer competence and convincing people they can actually solve problems instead of wildly flailing around and rambling about grievances.

I think anger and fear does still sell at least to 40% or so of the population. The problem is the pure chaos that we saw with Trump as president turned people in the middle so far away from him. I do think someone would do well basing their message on fear but blending it with a calmer competence and convincing people they can actually solve problems instead of wildly flailing around and rambling about grievances.
It always works on the uneducated and most gullible which are often one in the same.

Last edited:
Haley could have been this person had she not fallen into the very human trap of "captured by the moment". Ultimately, she may have committed political seppuku (without the "honor" piece) with her genuflection. With powder dry, she could've been a forceful post ttump GOP leader in 2028 (I think he'll be fully incapacitated by then).

I remain quite anxious about November, though the tides certainly flow towards Harris. Should she win, my hope is the GQP can reconstitute as the GOP under the Kinzinger-esch conservatism, circa 2031. I won't vote for that party, but I'm a believer in center-left liberalism (i.e. globally center-left), modulated by a sane conservative influence.

IMG_5331.jpeg

Didn't feel like starting a thread for George Santos so let's just throw this in here. I believe he will see time behind bars.
A breath of fresh air. So invigorating. I don’t think I would like, at first. A real treat. Excite your breath and awaken your mind.

Oh wait …..

I thought you said mentos

I think anger and fear are still a big factor. From what I saw of either parties convention, there was plenty of fear being sold. A lot of the political ads try to play on people's fear. Even a lot of the commentary you hear from cable news stations (though many of the talking heads are opinion, not news) are selling fear.

Biden is going to end democracy. Trump is going to end democracy. Oh wait, now Harris is going to end democracy. And this was all after Obama was supposed to have ended democracy a decade ago.

“Officials in a North Texas county debunked claims made by a Fox News host that migrants were registering to vote outside a state drivers license facility west of Fort Worth — an unsubstantiated claim that appeared to spark an investigation by Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office.

Both the Parker County Republican chair and election administrator said there was no evidence to support the Aug. 18 social media post made by television personality Maria Bartiromo, who previously promoted conspiracy theories about the 2020 election.

Paxton’s office announced it was opening an investigation into “reports that organizations operating in Texas may be unlawfully registering noncitizens to vote” Wednesday. …”

——
In a growing universe of awful MAGA elected officials, Paxton remains one of the absolute worst.

Trump Weirdos Spread Conspiracy Theory That Tim Walz’s Dog Is Fake

Scott Adams, the cartoonist who created Dilbert and got dropped by every major newspaper in the country after he publicly advocated for racial segregation, shared the conspiracy theory, writing “AI or real?” Adams is a far-right kook who also believes he “hypnotized” himself recently with ChatGPT.

U.S. Senator Eric Schmitt from Missouri joined in. “Why would Tim Walz do this? It’s Creepy™ and Weird™,” Schmitt tweeted, apparently trying to play reverse Uno with the “weird” allegations Walz helped popularize against Republicans.

But what’s actually going on in these photos? Let’s break it down. The first tweet was sent in June 2022 and shows Walz with a black dog.

“Sending a special birthday shoutout to our favorite pup, Scout,” Walz tweeted.

The second tweet in the viral screenshot was sent in October 2022 and shows Walz petting a brown dog, with the message, “Couldn’t think of a better way to spend a beautiful fall day than at the dog park. I know Scout enjoyed it.”

Is this some kind of strange attempt on Walz’s part to swap out his dogs while using the same name? No, obviously. As some commenters have pointed out by looking at Walz’s Instagram page, Walz was with Scout at the dog park that day in October and that was just another dog he was petting. The Minnesota governor was not claiming that the brown dog was his dog Scout.

Back