GOP slouches into the Crazy -IMMIGRATION Edition | Trump Won’t Condemn Bomb Threats in Springfield OH

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 774
  • Views: 16K
  • Politics 

Anyone who’s been making death threats against election officials in the U.S. should probably start looking over their shoulders in the lead-up to Election Day. The U.S. Department of Justice is cracking down on the most unhinged posters these days, providing them with a quick knock on the door and even new government-funded housing in federal facilities.

A Colorado man made an appearance in court on Monday after being arrested for making death threats online against election officials, judges, and federal agencies like the CIA, ATF, and FBI, according to a statement from the U.S. Department of Justice. It is not wise to issue threats against agencies like the FBI, just in case it wasn’t clear.

Teak Brockbank, a 45-year-old man from Cortez, Colorado, made the threats on the right-wing social media platforms Gab and Rumble, two sites known for being safe spaces for Trump supporters, anti-semites, white supremacists, and other dipshit extremists. Brockbank made the threats between September 2021 and August 2022, according to the DOJ but was only arrested on Friday.

As one message allegedly written by Brockbank and directed at election workers in Colorado an Arizona read: “Once those people start getting put to death then the rest will melt like snowflakes and turn on each other. . . . This is the only way. So those of us that have the stomach for what has to be done should prepare our minds for what we all [a]re going to do!!!!!! It is time.”

Another message was directed at the CIA, FBI, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, which the DOJ quotes as saying, “ATF CIA FBI show up to my house I am shooting them peace’s of s*** first No Warning!! Then I will call the sheriff!!! With everything that these piece of shit agencies have done I am completely justified to just start dropping them as soon as they step on my property! justified.”

Still another message was directed at a judge in Colorado, reading, “I could pick up my rifle and I could go put a bullet in this Mans head and send him to explain himself to our Creator right now. I would be Justified!!! Not only justified but obligated by those in my family who fought and died for the freedom in this country. . . . What can I do other than kill this man my self?”

The threats have been investigated by the FBI Denver Field Office and the Justice Department’s Election Threats Task Force.

None of those people can be called patriots in any meaningful sense of the word.

Also, why are they so fucking excited about Tulsi Gabbard? If they are trying to measure dicks by the number of opposing party members who endorse them . . . well, I guess that's basically Trump's experience his whole life.

Seems like an honest mistake (and it probably is), but notable because McCormick is the GOP candidate for US Senate from PA.

He (and his campaign staff) are idiots, but it's likely that PA Republicans won't know the difference either, and even if they're told they won't believe it. "There's a Philadelphia in Mississippi? Ha - you can't fool me! I don't believe it - you LibDems will say anything to defend your awful policies on illegal immigrants!"

That story seems to be more about a mentally ill person who happens to be in a gang, rather than a gang shooting. Also not entirely clear he was an active gang member here, or it is a past affiliation from his time in El Salvador. Also no one was mowed down. No one was hit by the bullets.

“Officials in a North Texas county debunked claims made by a Fox News host that migrants were registering to vote outside a state drivers license facility west of Fort Worth — an unsubstantiated claim that appeared to spark an investigation by Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office.

Both the Parker County Republican chair and election administrator said there was no evidence to support the Aug. 18 social media post made by television personality Maria Bartiromo, who previously promoted conspiracy theories about the 2020 election.

Paxton’s office announced it was opening an investigation into “reports that organizations operating in Texas may be unlawfully registering noncitizens to vote” Wednesday. …”

——
In a growing universe of awful MAGA elected officials, Paxton remains one of the absolute worst.

(BeginSarcasm)

No, no, no... You aren't seeing the big picture here. There was no actual investigation because the people who investigated are all a part of the deep state and are, therefore, in on the cover up.

I don’t know if as many sane and rational people are buying it anymore.

I know people are easily manipulated but they can only cry wolf so many times until a some people realize what is going on. We don’t need all of them.
I would bet that fear and anger are a significant factor for every single person that attends a Trump rally.

Serious question(s): Are there liberal versions of this kind of insanity floating around on the internet? If I knew where to look, would I be able to find a bunch of liberals making weird photoshops of Dems as superheroes or strong(wo)men riding a badass animal or the like?

Serious question(s): Are there liberal versions of this kind of insanity floating around on the internet? If I knew where to look, would I be able to find a bunch of liberals making weird photoshops of Dems as superheroes or strong(wo)men riding a badass animal or the like?
1724937154056.png

Back