Harris v. Trump Debate Thread | DEBATE DISCUSSION THREAD

The debate was so bad, they sent TRUMP HIMSELF into the spin room to do damage control
Ummm I am pretty sure his team tried to stop him. But he is sure he is his own best defender.

Meanwhile Vance complements his closing statement and his first answer.

Vance claims Trump said what apparently he was supposed to say about letting Harris don a MAGA hat since she copies all his ideas (Trump mangled that and got out I’ll send you a MAGA hat).

There it is from JD … “whatever cover the moderators provided … Harris

So he can refuse and look like the coward he is?
I don't doubt that he hates her as much as he did Hillary, but given his refusal to even look at her tonight I also think he's genuinely scared of her. And her performance tonight showed that he should be scared - she has him figured out in a way that Hillary never did. He may not want to be on the same stage with her again after tonight.

JD claiming that City hasn’t said the pet story is not true, just that they have no evidence, and his staff is getting first and second hand reports about pets and geese being abducted for food and it needs investigation by the media. The media didn’t care until we turned it into memes about cats.

Claire McCaskill: "You should know Trump just came in the spin room and he is desperately trying to get the attention he needs like oxygen at this point, even though most of the people who are here in this room spinning on his behalf know he had a bad night.

Rachel Maddow: "Is he literally standing there like he is his own surrogate trying to get people to talk about his own performance?"

Claire: "Exactly, Exactly. He walked in the room.... we knew something was going on because of secret service assumed it would be JD Vance, it's actually Donald Trump walked into the spin room to spin on his own behalf.

Rachel: Wow. < Blink > <blink. > that's something. That's not a sign of strength or confidence in your own performance when you are trying to extend past the final bell."

JD Vance:
Nobody’s calling my office and saying we’re seeing Bigfoot, they’re calling my office and saying we are seeing migrants steal our dogs and cats. He then claims Haitian immigrants have destroyed the lives of residents there.

Chris Wallace on “defending the indefensible” — as Charles Krautheimer would say, whatever they are paying him it is not enough.

Back