Harris v. Trump Debate Thread | DEBATE DISCUSSION THREAD

Who is this Byron Donalds dope on CNN
"You see, during Jim Crow, the Black family was together," Donalds said in a recording published by the Philadelphia Inquirer. "During Jim Crow, more Black people were not just conservative — Black people have always been conservative-minded — but more Black people voted conservatively. And then (the Department of Health, Education and Welfare), Lyndon Johnson — you go down that road, and now we are where we are."

IMG_4725.jpeg

A bit off though - so many of the trumpers of #DeepChatham have abandoned their state college allegiance and taken up with dook.

Most virulently still hate Carolina though.

Wonder how many slinked back into the barn after the wolpfack’s final four run last year?

I don't like him and again, will not vote for him, but at this juncture, I would argue on paper, he's very qualified simply because he has actually already held the position. He has experience doing the job (albeit not very well)

If you owned a small business with a position open and I called you up and said, hey man, I've got a guy who used to do that. He wasn't very good at it and in fact he was fired from that job... and oh BTW, after being fired he got his friends to march down to his former employer and violently attempt to stop it from happening... it was pretty bad, some people even died! And oh by the way, he's an adjudicated sexual deviant and a 34 time convicted felon currently awaiting sentencing. But he's got four years experience.

Would you hire him?

If you owned a small business with a position open and I called you up and said, hey man, I've got a guy who used to do that. He wasn't very good at it and in fact he was fired from that job... and oh BTW, after being fired he got his friends to march down to his former employer and violently attempt to stop it from happening... it was pretty bad, some people even died! And oh by the way, he's an adjudicated sexual deviant and a 34 time convicted felon currently awaiting sentencing. But he's got four years experience.

Would you hire him?
Are we talking about David Tepper? Because he’d absolutely hire that guy.

"Kamala was prepared...maybe a little  too prepared."

It's essentially a tacit admission that she outperformed Orange Jesus.

Since when is being prepared a bad thing? The right can try all they want to normalize Trump's performance last night but no rational person could categorize that as anything other than an ass beating. And the reason there are so many republicans and right wing sympathizers on social media this morning is that they witnessed what we all witnessed. An ass beating.

Are we talking about David Tepper? Because he’d absolutely hire that guy.
Speaking of David Tepper, last night’s debate gave me an idea of what it felt like to be a Saints fan this past Sunday afternoon. The big difference is that despite such an ass-whooping, the score is still tied.

At this point I have to just assume that anyone voting for Trump is only doing so out of malice, hatred for liberals, and small minded insecure pettiness. The guy literally stood up there on a debate stage for two hours last night and did not mention one single solo policy proposal, but instead talked about crazy shit like transgender operations on illegal aliens in prison, people eating cats and dogs, how much Vladimir Putin and Victor Orban like to give him handjobs, etc. it was all just completely that shit fucking, and even that is the understatement of the century. Nobody voting for Donald Trump in 2024 is voting for policy. Nobody. Not one single person. Because Donald Trump in 2024 does not have any policy ideas. He was given multiple opportunities last night to articulate policy positions on immigration, healthcare reform, foreign policy, etc. and every single solitary time, he completely ignored it. So nobody is voting for Donald Trump because of policy. They are voting for Donald Trump out of one (or both) of genuine spite or genuine stupidity.

Back