I do want the Shark Tankers on here

Ddseddse

Distinguished Member
Not sure if this is a popular opinion or not. But seeing as the Shark Tank was my home in exile for about 8 hours yesterday and we all dropped in unannounced, put our feet on their coffee table and ate all their snacks, and then left again en-mass, and seeing how they were maybe more welcoming than I might have been if I was in their shoes, I was thinking it might be nice to add a note over there letting them know they are welcome here if they like.

I think that agD already did but agree that we should offer a genuine invite and humble thanks for letting us house-crash. But I think a few of them have already checked in so far ...

Not sure if this is a popular opinion or not. But seeing as the Shark Tank was my home in exile for about 8 hours yesterday and we all dropped in unannounced, put our feet on their coffee table and ate all their snacks, and then left again en-mass, and seeing how they were maybe more welcoming than I might have been if I was in their shoes, I was thinking it might be nice to add a note over there letting them know they are welcome here if they like.
I'll second the motion... new blood is good in the message board world.

I think that agD already did but agree that we should offer a genuine invite and humble thanks for letting us house-crash. But I think a few of them have already checked in so far ...
yes I was the one who was so excited yesterday I spoiled RockChalk's announcement. I kept refreshing and signed up ASAP

I hate the 247 interface (you should see how awful it is for admins). So this is GREAT

I think it would be an AWESOME gesture to post over there and invite folks. Oh I see you already did! I know DukeMu and Rougemont are already here.

Agreed

I'm here for now, but I'm not sure if I've got the bandwidth to be very active (or even lurk) two message boards, one of which I'm basically the only moderator for. But I'm checking it out.

I do kind of wish you guys had stuck around. I've got that feeling when you've got a bunch of guests over and then they're gone and you're just sitting around like, "Well, what now?"

charlie murphy fuck yo couch GIF

This is how yesterday felt on the Shark Tank and I loved every minute of it.

All are welcome.

You guys were far more hospitable than you had any right to be.

I’d love to see this community grow so tell your friends there’s a new hangout.
Well if too many people leave I won't have anything to do over there anymore, they'll realize they don't need me as a mod anymore, and my kids will be sad to lose unlimited Paw Patrol from Paramount Plus.

Well if too many people leave I won't have anything to do over there anymore, they'll realize they don't need me as a mod anymore, and my kids will be sad to lose unlimited Paw Patrol from Paramount Plus.
Ha! I’m in the same boat with Paramount+.

I just don’t spend much time on IC outside the ZZLP. I’m still debating on keeping the subscription but my overall enthusiasm in college sports has waned quite a bit these last few years.

I'm going to unburden myself by confessing my sin. The biggest loss I feel from canceling my IC premium subscription is literally the read only access I have to the PackPride BrickYard Ukraine thread. I'm a massive Tar Heel sports fan, but i really don't need the premium content (I was paying my premium subscription mostly as a way to compensate them for providing the ZZPL). When the Brick Yard went premium a bit ago I lost the ability to post on the BrickYard but that never mattered since I didn't post much over there anyway. But for whatever reason my IC premium meant that I could still lurk over there and follow the thread. It was a hugely useful and informative thread with a couple of very knowledgeable posters updating dozens of times a day. I'll miss being able to be that well informed once I get locked out for not being premium anymore.

Draw the line at Mr. Wonderful :-) Whenever I mention him to Canadian friends, they avert their eyes, and slink away into the nearest bush and listen to The Tragically Hip

Back