Israel Hamas War | IDF Kills peaceful American Protester in West Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 762
  • Views: 9K
  • Politics 
BBC currently has a package on injured and killed children of Gaza. It is hard to watch. I am finding the BBC is giving Israeli air strikes a lot more coverage than US media has, which is not surprising as their international news is 10,000 times better than any US network.

BBC currently has a package on injured and killed children of Gaza. It is hard to watch. I am finding the BBC is giving Israeli air strikes a lot more coverage than US media has, which is not surprising as their international news is 10,000 times better than any US network.
It is a shame what happens when one side uses civilians as human shields and the other side simply doesn’t give a damn.

It is a shame what happens when one side uses civilians as human shields and the other side simply doesn’t give a damn.

***DISCLAIMER: Since this is a new thread, I will start off by stating that me being critical of Israel does not mean I am defending Hamas***

What's funny is that Israel has literally used Palestinian hostages as literal shields. There are several instances showing them blindfolding the hostage and walking behind them. Or they would tie them up to the hood of their military vehicle.
Also, when Israel keeps evacuating people to smaller and smaller areas, and then proceeds to bombing "safe zones", then I would put the blame on Israel for that one.

***DISCLAIMER: Since this is a new thread, I will start off by stating that me being critical of Israel does not mean I am defending Hamas***

What's funny is that Israel has literally used Palestinian hostages as literal shields. There are several instances showing them blindfolding the hostage and walking behind them. Or they would tie them up to the hood of their military vehicle.
Also, when Israel keeps evacuating people to smaller and smaller areas, and then proceeds to bombing "safe zones", then I would put the blame on Israel for that one.

I’m sure there have been instances of the IDF doing what you claimed. The difference is that Hamas has openly stated that they want to cause as many civilian casualties as Gaza as possible because it helps their PR game. Hamas has adopted policies to do just this, and the civilians are the ones that pay the price.

I’m sure there have been instances of the IDF doing what you claimed. The difference is that Hamas has openly stated that they want to cause as many civilian casualties as Gaza as possible because it helps their PR game. Hamas has adopted policies to do just this, and the civilians are the ones that pay the price.
There is no difference. Israeli leaders have stated similar things and even worse. Not only did they say them, they are also doing them by now killing over 45k Palestinian civilians. It's also worse because those are supposedly leaders of "the only democracy in that region" (which is a lie), and they are our closest ally.

There is no difference. Israeli leaders have stated similar things and even worse. Not only did they say them, they are also doing them by now killing over 45k Palestinian civilians. It's also worse because those are supposedly leaders of "the only democracy in that region" (which is a lie), and they are our closest ally.

45k civilians? So your argument is that not a single Hamas terrorist has been killed in nearly a year of warfare?

Great post by longtime war correspondent Jim Sciutto. He had some incident a year or so ago that sounds like he may have had an alcohol or drug problem and CNN investigated some apparently spectacular public melt-down at a hotel in Europe and quietly suspended him until he did some sort of rehab. He has been a different guy (on social media, at least) since his return.

Why do we have Netanyahu address Congress yesterday as if he is a U.S. president giving a State of the Union speech? Interposing FDR's words of 'a day that will live in infamy' in the same dwelling is presumptuous at best. Do we really need Netanyahu lecturing Americans about protest? Is this not the man who financed HAMAS for years because he mistakenly thought he could control them? Netanyahu is who he has always been and that alone should keep him out of the chamber of the House of Representatives.

Great post by longtime war correspondent Jim Sciutto. He had some incident a year or so ago that sounds like he may have had an alcohol or drug problem and CNN investigated some apparently spectacular public melt-down at a hotel in Europe and quietly suspended him until he did some sort of rehab. He has been a different guy (on social media, at least) since his return.

He’d have more credibility if the media wasn’t trying to gaslight us about the very real pro-Hamas protesters that have become a fixture of many of these protests, including the one yesterday. I am a NYT subscriber and scoured the website today and was unable to find a mention of the vile actions yesterday anywhere on the front page. Telling us to ignore our eyes and ears a la “fiery but mostly peaceful protests” of 2020 is not the right strategy.

We must maintain control over the narrative and control what the media shares with the public.

Unfortunate incidents like yesterday must not be covered and broadcast across the nation this close to achieving the "end goal." We are close... we do not need negative coverage this close to the elections.
What does this even mean? The coverage exists. Cell phones are ubiquitous. Anyone who uses social media can easily see videos and pictures of what happened yesterday. Trying to censor the news for political gains is not supposed to be the American tradition and will surely backfire.

What does this even mean? The coverage exists. Cell phones are ubiquitous. Anyone who uses social media can easily see videos and pictures of what happened yesterday. Trying to censor the news for political gains is not supposed to be the American tradition and will surely backfire.
Personally I read it as sarcasm???

Pretty sure we have had a Sarcastro wannabe join the board ...

He’d have more credibility if the media wasn’t trying to gaslight us about the very real pro-Hamas protesters that have become a fixture of many of these protests, including the one yesterday. I am a NYT subscriber and scoured the website today and was unable to find a mention of the vile actions yesterday anywhere on the front page. Telling us to ignore our eyes and ears a la “fiery but mostly peaceful protests” of 2020 is not the right strategy.
What you think is important might not actually be important to everyone. If you don't like NYT coverage, then don't subscribe.

I personally couldn't care less about the pro-Hamas protesters. If you find them loathsome, then why would you want to give them the publicity they are seeking with those incendiary (literally) actions? They are idiots. They are a tiny minority. We have no idea how many of them are even citizens (i.e. many probably can't vote). I have no interest in spending time thinking about them. Thinking about the MAGA idiots is tiring enough.

Back