Israel Hamas War | IDF Kills peaceful American Protester in West Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 762
  • Views: 9K
  • Politics 
Israel expands hostilities with “pre-emptive strike” on Hezbollah? Or defensive action to prevent expanded Hezbollah attack?

Defensive action? Israel has been sporadically bombing them for a while (even some before Oct 7th). By Israel’s logic, Lebanon has a right to defend itself. Israel does a great job of always somehow being the victim when they’re the ones stacking up a body count.

Defensive action? Israel has been sporadically bombing them for a while (even some before Oct 7th). By Israel’s logic, Lebanon has a right to defend itself. Israel does a great job of always somehow being the victim when they’re the ones stacking up a body count.
Nasrallah has also repeatedly vowed to destroy Israel. “It is an aggressive, illegal and illegitimate entity, which has no future in our land,” he said in 2005. “It’s destination is manifested in our motto, ‘Death to Israel’.”

When a terrorist group is literally launching missiles at your cities, you have the right to take out those missile batteries. Kudos though to Hezbollah and the IDF for showing how war should be conducted...the missile batteries were in forested areas away from the population and the strikes only killed 3 people.

When a terrorist group is literally launching missiles at your cities, you have the right to take out those missile batteries. Kudos though to Hezbollah and the IDF for showing how war should be conducted...the missile batteries were in forested areas away from the population and the strikes only killed 3 people.
I guess it’s fine for Israel to launch missiles into Lebanon goading them into a response so then Israel is the victim. Israel behaves as a terrorist organization.

I guess it’s fine for Israel to launch missiles into Lebanon goading them into a response so then Israel is the victim. Israel behaves as a terrorist organization.

Hezbollah has been launching missiles into Israel for months. I suppose Israel is just supposed to allow a foreign terrorist group to launch missiles at its citizens without responding?

Nasrallah has also repeatedly vowed to destroy Israel. “It is an aggressive, illegal and illegitimate entity, which has no future in our land,” he said in 2005. “Its destination is manifested in our motto, ‘Death to Israel’.”
Isn’t it just as bad when Israeli government officials make reference to “greater Israel” which includes Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, etc…? Does that give those countries a right to attack Israel because of that?

Hezbollah has been launching missiles into Israel for months. I suppose Israel is just supposed to allow a foreign terrorist group to launch missiles at its citizens without responding?
Israel has been doing strikes on Israel off and on for years. Hezbollah gave them countless warnings to stop but Israel kept doing it.

Israel has been doing strikes on Israel off and on for years. Hezbollah gave them countless warnings to stop but Israel kept doing it.

Yes, Israel has struck targets from a terrorist group that has launched thousands of missiles into Israel over the same time period, just like any other country would do. But I suppose it is only bad when the Jews defend themselves.

Yes, Israel has struck targets from a terrorist group that has launched thousands of missiles into Israel over the same time period, just like any other country would do. But I suppose it is only bad when the Jews defend themselves.
You’re playing the anti-Semitic card? lol
I said nothing about Jews. Israel doesn’t represent Judaism. Your logic is flawed. That would be like me saying that you think it’s bad when Muslims defend themselves if I am talking about Iran retaliating to Israel.

Also, Hezbollah is an official party of the Lebanese government. Only Israel is allowed to bomb neighboring countries as acts of “self-defense” and then plays the victim card if those countries retaliate.

I said nothing about Jews. Israel doesn’t represent Judaism. Your logic is flawed. That would be like me saying that you think it’s bad when Muslims defend themselves if I am talking about Iran retaliating to Israel.

Also, Hezbollah is an official party of the Lebanese government. Only Israel is allowed to bomb neighboring countries as acts of “self-defense” and then plays the victim card if those countries retaliate.

Launching thousands of missiles at a sovereign nation because "they don't deserve to exist" isn't "self-defense". No other nation on the planet would be expected to simply sit by and let a terrorist group set up missile launchers on its border and launch thousands of missiles at its cities. Kudos to Israel for taking them out. As it stands, Hezbollah has indicated that they do not plan to retaliate, so Israel's actions last night likely saved many lives on both sides. Perhaps Hamas should take notes.

Launching thousands of missiles at a sovereign nation because "they don't deserve to exist" isn't "self-defense". No other nation on the planet would be expected to simply sit by and let a terrorist group set up missile launchers on its border and launch thousands of missiles at its cities. Kudos to Israel for taking them out. As it stands, Hezbollah has indicated that they do not plan to retaliate, so Israel's actions last night likely saved many lives on both sides. Perhaps Hamas should take notes.
But it’s fine for Israel to do it when they don’t want their neighboring countries to exist?

But it’s fine for Israel to do it when they don’t want their neighboring countries to exist?
I'm not interested in hypotheticals. Just the reality on the ground. Can you provide a link to Netanyahu stating that he wants to launch missiles at Lebanon until it ceases to exist?

I'm not interested in hypotheticals. Just the reality on the ground. Can you provide a link to Netanyahu stating that he wants to launch missiles at Lebanon until it ceases to exist?
People in his administration have referenced Greater Israel, which would extend Israel’s border taking over Lebanon, Jordan, parts of Syria, Iraq, and Saudi. To me, that means they don’t want Lebanon to exist.

Vast majority of Jews would disagree that Israel doesn’t represent Judaism. The importance of the existence of Israel should be clear to everyone after all the anti semitic behavior in Europe and US over the past year. Israel is constantly threatened and bombed by terror proxies and countries that believe the Middle East should be a homogeneous region with no Jews. And what I’ve noticed about most people who condemn Israel for post Oct 7 military actions and say they don’t support what happened on Oct 7 is they contradict themselves. You will hear them say Hamas is bad, Oct 7 was bad, but other then that they will not criticize Hamas anymore. They take all the numbers out of Gaza at face value, say they aren’t all Hamas but you’ll later hear them say “of course they support Hamas, how could they not?”. Just never hear any criticism of Hamas outside of Oct 7. Also I hear the Hannibal directive conspiracy used a lot. Which hasn’t been a IDF policy in over a decade. It had nothing to do with Israelis who aren’t active duty in the IDF. It simply was policy that IDF was allowed to take risks if soldier was taken hostage bc the torture would be so severe by Hamas.

Last edited:
People in his administration have referenced Greater Israel, which would extend Israel’s border taking over Lebanon, Jordan, parts of Syria, Iraq, and Saudi. To me, that means they don’t want Lebanon to exist.
That's not the same thing and you know it. Nasrallah is on the record as stating that his goal is to destroy Israel. His terrorist group set up rockets on the Israeli border and has launched thousands of missiles at Israeli civilians. No sovereign nation would tolerate that as long as Israel has. Israel took care of the problem with minimal casualties, saving thousands of lives on both sides. I'm sure Hezbollah is just as happy to avoid major war as Israel is. However, Israel can do no right to you.

Vast majority of Jews would disagree that Israel doesn’t represent Judaism. The importance of the existence of Israel should be clear to everyone after all the anti semitic behavior in Europe and US over the past year. Israel is constantly threatened and bombed by terror proxies and countries that believe the Middle East should be a homogeneous region with no Jews. And what I’ve noticed about most people who condemn Israel for post Oct 7 military actions and say they don’t support what happened on Oct 7 is they contradict themselves. You will hear them say Hamas is bad, Oct 7 was bad, but other then that they will not criticize Hamas anymore. They take all the numbers out of Gaza at face value, say they aren’t all Hamas but you’ll later hear them say “of course they support Hamas, how could they not?”. Also I hear the Hannibal directive conspiracy used a lot. Which hasn’t been a IDF policy in over a decade. It had nothing to do with Israelis who aren’t active duty in the IDF. It simply was policy that IDF was allowed to take risks if soldier was taken hostage bc the torture would be so severe by Hamas.
That is not the reason that Israel is “constantly threatened and bombed.” The reason for that is that they are constantly threatening and killing Palestinians and attack neighboring countries without repercussions. You can instigate people and expect them to sit quietly and take it.

Well, the reason Israel is being criticized more than Hamas after Oct 7 because Israel has slaughtered over 40k (nearly half children) and are continuing to do so. If Hamas was doing that, we would be condemning them now. Doesn’t mean we support them because we’re not actively condemning their actions.

Also, the use of the Hannibal directive was reported by Israeli media. It’s not a conspiracy.

That is not the reason that Israel is “constantly threatened and bombed.” The reason for that is that they are constantly threatening and killing Palestinians and attack neighboring countries without repercussions. You can instigate people and expect them to sit quietly and take it.

Well, the reason Israel is being criticized more than Hamas after Oct 7 because Israel has slaughtered over 40k (nearly half children) and are continuing to do so. If Hamas was doing that, we would be condemning them now. Doesn’t mean we support them because we’re not actively condemning their actions.

Also, the use of the Hannibal directive was reported by Israeli media. It’s not a conspiracy.
I wasn't aware that launching thousands of missiles at civilians, sending suicide bombers to blow up teenage girls at dance parties and ice cream parlors, or kidnapping, raping, and murdering hundreds of civilians in one day was "sitting quietly and taking it." Amazing how eager some people are to forget what Hamas has done.

Back