Israel Hamas War | IDF Kills peaceful American Protester in West Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 762
  • Views: 9K
  • Politics 
54 Palestinians were also killed in the past 24 hours. But, of course, that doesn’t get mentioned in the media because no one seems to care.

but you do, at least enough to blame Israel
Are you able to read? Seriously, reading is fundamental.

Point me to where I said anything about "blaming" Israel. All I said was that they lie, lie, lie. They expect us to believe that after months and months of not being able to locate the hostages, they just happened to stumble onto the spot where they were being held/prepped for release. Do you believe that? Seriously? The hostages were set to be traded and just now, after months and months, Hamas decided to kill them? God damn you are gullible.

It seems FAR more likely that the IDF was doing some sort of half-baked rescue operation that went wrong. Either there was some sort of fire fight, or the Hamas operatives shot the hostages (as hostage-takers are wont to do) -- but either way, it wasn't the fucking coincidence that Israel is trying to sell you on.

Are you able to read? Seriously, reading is fundamental.

Point me to where I said anything about "blaming" Israel. All I said was that they lie, lie, lie. They expect us to believe that after months and months of not being able to locate the hostages, they just happened to stumble onto the spot where they were being held/prepped for release. Do you believe that? Seriously? The hostages were set to be traded and just now, after months and months, Hamas decided to kill them? God damn you are gullible.

It seems FAR more likely that the IDF was doing some sort of half-baked rescue operation that went wrong. Either there was some sort of fire fight, or the Hamas operatives shot the hostages (as hostage-takers are wont to do) -- but either way, it wasn't the fucking coincidence that Israel is trying to sell you on.
Seems like victim blaming to me. Heaven knows how hard it would be to blame the terrorist group that actually kidnapped the hostages for murdering them, just like they have done to over 1,000 other Israelis so far.

Seems like victim blaming to me. Heaven knows how hard it would be to blame the terrorist group that actually kidnapped the hostages for murdering them, just like they have done to over 1,000 other Israelis so far.
Ironic coming from you. You victim blame the Palestinians in almost every post.

Given the size of protests in Israel, it seems a lot of Israelis blame the Israeli government.
They are protesting because the hostage deal has been delayed. I get that. The poster I was replying to seemed to be inferring that the hostages were killed by the IDF, which is quite a bit different.

1. The victims were six hostages. I am absolutely not blaming them. IDF is not a victim, even if blaming was my purpose
2. I'm just saying the explanation publicly released by IDF, is bullshit. Part of my confidence on this point is the never-ending stream of bullshit that spews forth from the IDF. I kind of get it: they are fighting a war; Hamas uses disinformation; so maybe IDF wants to use disinformation. I have no judgment to make there, other than to say I hate being lied to by governments unless there is a very good reason. And none of what is happening in Gaza qualifies as a very good reason.
3. I typically do not like to play "whose fault is it" games in general because they are rarely productive; in this particular conflict they are completely unanswerable. When someone says it's Israel's fault or Hamas' fault, they are basically just identifying themselves as partisans without having anything to add to the discussion. There have been thousands of incidents, big and small, that have led us to this point. Trying to sort through them in search for a conclusion about blame is a fool's errand.

It's puzzling that Biden is leaning on the guy with whom he might have leverage, rather than the guy with whom he has absolutely no leverage?

When Biden says that Hamas leaders will pay for their crimes, it pretty much takes him out of the role of neutral mediator. That's why Qatar has been talking with Hamas. What is Biden going to say? "Lay down your arms in a cease fire so we can haul you before the ICC and try you for crimes against humanity?"

So what's puzzling is that this "senior Israeli official" thinks Americans are stupid or gullible enough to fall for this shit.

Sickening

The people who did this want to derail any peace effort — they want to drive Israel to react violently and cause as much death and destruction as they can. The people who continue to support Hamas own this.

It probably also explains the Biden and Harris statements after this — whether they knew of videos, they probably knew more details of what happened.

Back