Israel Hamas War | IDF Kills peaceful American Protester in West Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 762
  • Views: 9K
  • Politics 
Israeli settlers attacked Palestinians. Palestinian terror groups in the West Bank attacked Israeli civilians. The IDF responded against Palestinian terror groups. However, you attempted to frame the issue as the IDF simply bombing the West Bank for no reason. That's not even close to being the case.

Smotrich is an idiot but he is not the same as Sinwar. He is a fringe politician and has been condemned by many Israelis. His positions do not represent the positions of the Israeli government. Hamas, however, as a policy has stated that they want to kill every last Jew and as many Palestinian civilians as possible, and they have acted numerous times on these desires.
Completely disingenuous. Smotrich is the Minister of Finance with the settlements portfolio. He wields considerable power.

Wow. What a misstep. The right can have a field day with this, juxtapositioning Waltz's words with protesters calling for Jihad and for the Jews to be murdered.
Meh, they pretty much do that anyway.

Walz and Harris don’t care about what the right will do or say. They’re targeting a different demographic—lefties who were pissed off at Joe for not being more outspoken against Israel and in favor of protestors. Polling indicates that those lefties and Muslims/palestinian Americans are still on the fence about Harris/Walz and may stay home on Election Day.

Wow. What a misstep. The right can have a field day with this, juxtapositioning Waltz's words with protesters calling for Jihad and for the Jews to be murdered.

Speaking out for the downdrotten and powerless is never a "misstep"

The right can do whatever they want with it. Trump voters drank the kool aid a long time ago anyway.

Meh, they pretty much do that anyway.

Walz and Harris don’t care about what the right will do or say. They’re targeting a different demographic—lefties who were pissed off at Joe for not being more outspoken against Israel and in favor of protestors. Polling indicates that those lefties and Muslims/palestinian Americans are still on the fence about Harris/Walz and may stay home on Election Day.

Yet they risk losing the Jewish vote. That's why you don't go too extreme to either side. Full-heartedly endorsing the protests, many of which have contained anti-semitic and pro-terroristic language, is a huge jump to the left.

Speaking out for the downdrotten and powerless is never a "misstep"

The right can do whatever they want with it. Trump voters drank the kool aid a long time ago anyway.

It is a misstep when you also endorse people calling for terrorist violence against a religious group. That's why most smart politicians avoid "all" statements. If Trump wins in November, this could be a huge part of the reason why. Before the election ride the fence. Don't piss off the Jewish lobby. Worry about specific actions after you win.

Meanwhile, the FBI arrested a man plotting to massacre Jews in New York on the anniversary of 10/7. I'm sure he was doing this for "all the right reasons." Just trying to do what some of the protesters have been calling for all along, right?

It is a misstep when you also endorse people calling for terrorist violence against a religious group. That's why most smart politicians avoid "all" statements. If Trump wins in November, this could be a huge part of the reason why. Before the election ride the fence. Don't piss off the Jewish lobby. Worry about specific actions after you win.
Well, then it’s a good thing he didn’t do that.

It is a misstep when you also endorse people calling for terrorist violence against a religious group.

You know that they weren't endorsing those people or those statements, and so will all the talking heads on Fox who try to make hay out of it. (And so will all the great, humane, heroic Jews who advocate daily for Palestinian rights and dignity).

Well, then it’s a good thing he didn’t do that.

He said they were protesting for "all the right reasons." Some of them are protesting because they support a terroristic genocide against the Jews. A better statement would have been "most of these people are protesting for all of the right reasons." Subtle but significant difference.

Yet they risk losing the Jewish vote. That's why you don't go too extreme to either side. Full-heartedly endorsing the protests, many of which have contained anti-semitic and pro-terroristic language, is a huge jump to the left.
What Walz said was the opposite of extreme. It was about as milquetoast as you can get.

You’re reaching.

I think I’m gonna have to go that way. He’s just shitting on too many threads.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt with his so-called apology posts in the initial days of the site, but it's clear that was made to get people to keep him off ignore so he could go back to full on trolling again. Anyway, super-ignore solved that problem a few days ago.

If he truly wanted a new start he would have kept silent about his identity and just posted properly. Instead it is clear the goal was more attention whore trolling.

The response from the echo chamber is predictable. Beliefs can't be challenged...just reinforce what I want to hear. Well, super-ignore works both ways. Good riddance.

He said they were protesting for "all the right reasons." Some of them are protesting because they support a terroristic genocide against the Jews. A better statement would have been "most of these people are protesting for all of the right reasons." Subtle but significant difference.
The response from the echo chamber is predictable. Beliefs can't be challenged...just reinforce what I want to hear. Well, super-ignore works both ways. Good riddance.
Your comment wasn't mean to challenge beliefs. It comes off as supremely disingenuous and I'm not even involved in the conversation. Everyone (including you) knows what Walz meant in that statement and there was nothing remotely incendiary about it.

Your comment wasn't mean to challenge beliefs. It comes off as supremely disingenuous and I'm not even involved in the conversation. Everyone (including you) knows what Walz meant in that statement and there was nothing remotely incendiary about it.
The post directly above mine was:
Wow. That's not exactly a full throated endorsement, but in the context of US politics, that's a pretty brave statement.
How can it be a brave statement and extremely milquetoast at the same time?

Because some people that tend to fund political campaigns will get really upset and decide to contribute more money to Walz's opponents despite the fact that it's a fairly milquetoast statement.

The post directly above your post has nothing to do with your post. Your words are your own. I responded to your post because it seems to me a pretty egregious distortion of what Walz said.

If, however, you'd like to focus on how what Walz said can be both brave and milquetoast...in my opinion it is brave of any US politician to say anything remotely negative about the Israeli government even when the Israeli government is doing really horrible things.

Back