Israel Hamas War | IDF Kills peaceful American Protester in West Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 762
  • Views: 9K
  • Politics 

This was in the West Bank. Attacks like this have increased lately and the Israeli army allows it to happen, and at times, punishes the Palestinians that try to defend themselves.

400 explosions or 400 affected?
Stepping back, entirely in a vacuum, this is an impressive op that likely has the potential to disrupt communications among these groups as they try to figure out what other equipment they are using might be compromised.

Stepping back, entirely in a vacuum, this is an impressive op that likely has the potential to disrupt communications among these groups as they try to figure out what other equipment they are using might be compromised.
Not to mention potentially crippling (literally) their entire command and control.

Good grief ... if you have successfully deployed these devices, why use them now?

Wildly successful op or not, this certainly raises the regional temperature more as it appears the Netanyahu government will do everything in its power to derail a peaceful solution to the war in Gaza.

400 explosions or 400 affected?
My first thought was, "How do you make a pager explode?"

I found this...

“The enemy (Israel) stands behind this security incident,” the official said, without elaborating. He added that the new pagers that Hezbollah members were carrying had lithium batteries that apparently exploded.

Lithium batteries, when overheated, can smoke, melt and even catch on fire. Rechargeable lithium batteries are used in consumer products ranging from cellphones and laptops to electric cars. Lithium battery fires can burn up to 590 C (1,100 F).

I'm not sure that really explains a lot, but it's some information. I wonder if the pagers were tampered with before they were distributed or if the folks behind this used knowledge of how these pagers work to determine a way to cause them to detonate. Either way, what a strange way to go about attacking folks.

Good grief ... if you have successfully deployed these devices, why use them now?

Wildly successful op or not, this certainly raises the regional temperature more as it appears the Netanyahu government will do everything in its power to derail a peaceful solution to the war in Gaza.

CNN reported last week that Sinwar (Hamas leader) sent a letter to Nasrallah (Hezbollah leader) stating that he wants the war to continue and that Hezbollah is an important part of that. If Israel recognizes that the war is no where close to being over, it would make sense to take out thousands of Hezbollah fighters with very little collateral damage when they have the chance.

How would they be able to send out tampered pagers to the members of Hezbollah? Seems they would have to have someone on the inside to deliver the pagers. Over 2700 people is a lot of people.

How would they be able to send out tampered pagers to the members of Hezbollah? Seems they would have to have someone on the inside to deliver the pagers. Over 2700 people is a lot of people.
At this stage I'd say the more likely explanation is a software hack to make the pagers overheat and the batteries burst into high intensity flames. Probably never needed access to the physical devices.

At this stage I'd say the more likely explanation is a software hack to make the pagers overheat and the batteries burst into high intensity flames. Probably never needed access to the physical devices.
That is really scary if they could do it without physically manipulating them to overheat. Can you imagine terrorist groups finding a way to do this? Or China, North Korea and Russia?

Back