Israel Hamas War | IDF Kills peaceful American Protester in West Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 762
  • Views: 9K
  • Politics 
I think the assassination of Haniyeh will prove a signifcant mistake, at least in the short term. Assassinating the person you are negotiating with causes problems. The Gulf and other moderate Arab states will lie low and not help US as much behind the scenes for a while. I know it is a relative term when you are talking about Hamas, but Haniyeh was widely considered a moderate in Hamas circles by Western diplomats.

I think the assassination of Haniyeh will prove a signifcant mistake, at least in the short term. Assassinating the person you are negotiating with causes problems. The Gulf and other moderate Arab states will lie low and not help US as much behind the scenes for a while. I know it is a relative term when you are talking about Hamas, but Haniyeh was widely considered a moderate in Hamas circles by Western diplomats.
Which is likely what made him such a lucrative target for Netanyahu.

Back in the late 1990s/2000?? Netanyahu made a widely-circulated comment re an Israeli/Palestinian peace along the lines of:
We can stall this forever and keep it from happening.

Which is essentially what he has been doing ever since, with the assistance of Hamas and to a lesser extent the US govt's relucatance to lean on Israel re a peace deal. Palestinians like Abbas/Mohammad Dahlan/Fatah which runs the WB have been ready to strike a peace deal with Israel since the Oslo Accords.

Which is likely what made him such a lucrative target for Netanyahu.
It seems like this was a bomb set up to wait for a target of opportunity. Haniyeh just drew the unlucky lodging assignment.

Of course the bomb explanation might be a cover story meant to embarrass Iran and cause internal chaos.

WASHINGTON, Aug 5 (Reuters) - At least five U.S. personnel were injured in an attack against a military base in Iraq on Monday, U.S. officials told Reuters, as the Middle East braced for a possible new wave of attacks by Iran and its allies following last week's killing of senior members of militant groups Hamas and Hezbollah.
Two Katyusha rockets were fired at al Asad airbase in western Iraq, two Iraqi security sources said. One Iraqi security source said the rockets fell inside the base. It was unclear whether the attack was linked to threats by Iran to retaliate over the killings.

CNN —
A United Nations investigation has found that nine employees from its main agency for Palestinian humanitarian relief, UNWRA, “may have” been involved in the October 7 attack and no longer work at the agency.

UNRWA has 14,000 staff members in Gaza.

The investigation was launched in January after Israel accused some UNRWA employees of participating in the attack that left 1,200 people in Israel dead. UN investigators were not able to speak with the accused, though some accused responded to written questions.

Posting mostly b/c it is the kind of thing that seems like something is expected soon

I think most of them use religion for their selfish political motives. Most of them are brainwashed and do not understand the religion they represent. Also, each of those groups have their own agendas and are not monolithic.
I have to note for those who once knew Palestine as their homeland, life in a refugee camp throughout generations will more likely lead to hatred of those who have imposed such inhumane treatment upon people.

AIPAC took out another progressive congressperson for their support of the Palestinians. This is the second one. Cori Bush was a member of the squad and was defeated in her primary by AIPAC-backed Democrat, Wesley Bell. It was the most expensive primary in history as AIPAC money flooded the airwaves and Bush couldn't keep up. I suspect it will be money well spent and Congress will continue to allow American tax dollars to kill Palestinians and steal West Bank land.

And this is what Israel supports. After they initially arrested these punks, they were released after a mob protested it. Then, there were government officials that stated that raping Palestinian prisoners is not a crime. Yet, these same people keep spreading the hoax about mass rapes happening on October 7th (which have been proven to be false).

And this is what Israel supports. After they initially arrested these punks, they were released after a mob protested it. Then, there were government officials that stated that raping Palestinian prisoners is not a crime. Yet, these same people keep spreading the hoax about mass rapes happening on October 7th (which have been proven to be false).

Not sure what you are referring to, but the rapes on 10/7 were not hoaxes. That’s simply Hamas propaganda.

Back