JD Vance Catch-all | (Merged with newest JD Vance stand-alone thread)

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 799
  • Views: 17K
  • Politics 
I'm not sure it would even matter. VP candidates don't usually bring much to a ticket. Mostly they bring vibes. Well, he already brought the vibes. I don't think that Trump can run away from that, even if he were to replace Vance.

Also, now that the convention has passed, it becomes considerably more difficult to replace Vance. They would likely have to take another vote of delegates, which might or might not be easy depending on whether their term has expired. Plus, they might have already submitted the candidate names to various states, which right now is probably quite easy to fix but gets harder in a little while.

In other words, I do not think Vance gets removed. It would also potentially alienate the Silicon Valley folks whose money was the reason Vance was picked in the first place.
Fantastic. Really glad to hear that. I do think that, even though I generally do agree that the VP pick normally is not enormously impactful, that Vance is a uniquely destructive albatross on the Trump ticket just by how unbelievably weird, unbelievably extremist, and unbelievably offputting is everything about him.

So Peter Thiel’s blood boy isn’t playing well with the public, huh?

Pied Piper Hbo GIF by Silicon Valley

... unbelievably weird, unbelievably extremist, and unbelievably offputting is everything about him.
I'm beginning to wonder if JD Vance and Ted Cruz aren't the same person. Has anyone every seen them both together at that same time?

Fantastic. Really glad to hear that. I do think that, even though I generally do agree that the VP pick normally is not enormously impactful, that Vance is a uniquely destructive albatross on the Trump ticket just by how unbelievably weird, unbelievably extremist, and unbelievably offputting is everything about him.
VPs usually don't help much, but they can hurt a lot. That's why candidates often go with the safe choice (Biden, Tim Kaine, Al Gore). The Pubs aren't as good at this game for some reason. I don't really remember if Pence was a safe choice or not, but Quayle and Palin were unforced errors that hurt the ticket and Vance is looking to be strike 3

VPs usually don't help much, but they can hurt a lot. That's why candidates often go with the safe choice (Biden, Tim Kaine, Al Gore). The Pubs aren't as good at this game for some reason. I don't really remember if Pence was a safe choice or not, but Quayle and Palin were unforced errors that hurt the ticket and Vance is looking to be strike 3
Pence was calculated cover for the Christian right so they didn't have to pretend that they weren't knowingly voting for a godless hedonist.

He actually argued for higher taxes for people without kids as well. Nutjob. Parents with kids already get a tax break.

As someone without kids who pays enough taxes as it is, he can f*** right off. I don't mind paying more for a school bond proposal or something worthwhile, but to be taxed extra simply because we chose not to have kids is asinine, and likely will not encourage younger couples to have babies.

Basically doubling down on what he said and more or less saying that he doesn't mind cats, it's the single women he doesn't like, is a bold strategy cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him.
Conservatives really want to pigeonhole women into being Tradwife SAHMs with no careers and a complete reliance on their spouse. It's pathetic.

Its even more obscene at the local level. Successful couples without kids often dump tons into local coffers in the area of spending, sales taxes, property taxes, etc and end up using exponentially fewer of the services they are paying for than do their peers with children.
As someone without kids who pays enough taxes as it is, he can f*** right off. I don't mind paying more for a school bond proposal or something worthwhile, but to be taxed extra simply because we chose not to have kids is asinine, and likely will not encourage younger couples to have babies.

Its even more obscene at the local level. Successful couples without kids often dump tons into local coffers in the area of spending, sales taxes, property taxes, etc and end up using exponentially fewer of the services they are paying for than do their peers with children.
This is definitely true.

The Rs already had a huge problem on the issue of woman's right to choose (re reproductive rights), Vance is vastly expanding this issue to a wonman;s right to choose career and many other life aspects. Keep it up JD!

"... The fallout from Vance’s remarks points to a broader problem for the Republican Party. In recent years, the GOP’s far-right infotainers have become a critical GOP power center that its aspiring politicians must court if they wish to rise within the party ranks. But those figures are weirdos, and winning them over requires adopting their combination of bizarre fixations, paranoid conspiracy theories, and culture-war resentment politics — a toxic combination that Americans outside the right-wing media bubble find deeply off-putting.

... Vance won over Carlson, and that relationship has proven crucial to his rise in GOP politics. Carlson showered Vance with airtime and accolades during his Senate primary bid and privately urged Trump to grant the crucial endorsement that secured his victory. Carlson’s intervention with the former president may also have proven pivotal in ensuring Vance’s selection as the vice presidential pick.

... Carlson’s influence is a massive liability for the GOP because he is a weirdo who is wildly out of touch with the concerns of normal Americans. He favors the blood-and-soil nationalism of European autocrats from poor countries. He spends a lot of time making excuses for the Trumpists who stormed the U.S. Capital, finding ways to compliment Vladimir Putin, and talking about children’s genitals. His rants about global elites importing brown foreigners to replace “legacy Americans” resemble the manifestos of mass shooters. He has complained that the green and brown M&Ms have become distressingly unsexy. ..."

Back