JD Vance Catch-all | “we have to destroy the universities in this country”

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 835
  • Views: 18K
  • Politics 

I’m not weird, you’re weird. No one thinks I’m weird. And JD is not weird.

Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) said that during his vetting to be become Donald Trump’s running mate he was asked if he had any “secret family” in an interview with his wife, Usha Vance, sitting near him, Business Insider reports.

Said Vance: “Oh, by the way, if I did, I’m not going to admit it in front of my wife.”

----

A little bit of an odd way to ask the question, but a prudent one, based on political history. But is that really a story you tell outside the vetting process? Like hahaha, like I would admit that in front of my wife ... let's talk later when she's at work.

Not to mention, there’s nothing wrong with Kamala’s statement there. She’s absolutely right.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what was so objectionable. I will grant that it was not the most concise statement one could imagine. I think it could have been said in half the words, but getting the substance right is the important part.

Here's an example of giving a book report on a book you haven't read:

"Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more." God that was back at the beginning of his term, in 2017. He's been infecting the country with his ignorance for so long it's hard to keep track of.

I am giving Vance credit for being a true anti-abortion pro lifer and not a wishy washy pro lifer.

I have asked the question over and over why, if a zygote/fetus is a sacred life, then how can any pro lifer be ok with exceptions ?

Former President Donald Trump's running mate, Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH), told an interviewer that women should be forced to continue pregnancies from rape and incest, even if it is "inconvenient" to them.

When the subject came to whether abortion should be permissible in cases or rape or incest, Vance said, "Two wrongs don't make a right. At the end of the day, we're talking about an unborn baby. What kind of society do we want to have? A society that looks at unborn babies as inconveniences to be discarded?

Relatable?

Hey, at least it ain’t Erdogan’s recent interaction with a kid:

Man, he is just a brutal communicator. Reminds me of those Jeb Bush videos from that guy that edits videos in a humorous way.
One of the funniest moments from the 2016 GOP primaries was the video clip of very low-energy Jeb Bush speaking to a group and there was dead silence, and Bush suddenly stops and says, almost pathetically, "please applaud." I believe many regarded Jeb as the frontrunner when the primaries started, but anyone who wonders why he lost so badly should just watch that video clip.

Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) said that during his vetting to be become Donald Trump’s running mate he was asked if he had any “secret family” in an interview with his wife, Usha Vance, sitting near him, Business Insider reports.

Said Vance: “Oh, by the way, if I did, I’m not going to admit it in front of my wife.”

----

A little bit of an odd way to ask the question, but a prudent one, based on political history. But is that really a story you tell outside the vetting process? Like hahaha, like I would admit that in front of my wife ... let's talk later when she's at work.

“Do you have a secret family?”

Bet Republicans wish they had posed that question to Herschel Walker.

One of the funniest moments from the 2016 GOP primaries was the video clip of very low-energy Jeb Bush speaking to a group and there was dead silence, and Bush suddenly stops and says, almost pathetically, "please applaud." I believe many regarded Jeb as the frontrunner when the primaries started, but anyone who wonders why he lost so badly should just watch that video clip.
The GOP set up the 2016 primary season with a lot of “winner-take-all” contests with 30-35% winning all…..they thought a JEB! could get 35% and they’d avoid the long, strung-out primary process they’d had with Romney in 2012.

Back