Mass Shooting & Gun Violence catch-all | Kentucky Sheriff kills KY Judge in courthouse?

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 518
  • Views: 8K
  • Politics 
At this point, I don’t really care if these guns are “that” powerful, or if you need them to hunt wild pigs, or whatever. They’re used in such a massively disproportionate number of mass killings that they need to be taken off the market immediately, if for no other reason than to slow down the copycats. That’s no where close to enough, of course, but it is literally insane to me that we still allow these particular guns to be sold in this country.
While I do understand your point.

How would we stop the sale of existing ARs or confenscat them? Considering that there are already millions in circulation.

While I do understand your point.

How would we stop the sale of existing ARs or confenscat them? Considering that there are already millions in circulation.
Edit: Moving my reply to the other thread where it belongs.

Last edited:
So apparently after a visit from the FBI about this kid making threats, the Dad bought a 14 year old kid an AR-15 for Christmas.
Well, that dad sure showed the FBI what he thought of their meddling in his and his son's rights. Now, let's hope jury of the dad's peers let the father know what they think of his parenting skills and his meddling in the right to life of four of his neighbors.

There are plenty of ways to get around a dog. Not going to go into them, but dogs can be disabled just like humans.
Ultimately anything can be worked around.

Most criminals with the intent to steal will target a home where the occupants are not home. They really don't want the risk of a person confronting them.

Asking honestly...do we need to also shun gun culture? I think gun culture in magazines, websites, advertising, gun shows, etc is far more responsible for overall levels of gun violence than gang culture. I'm not even disagreeing about gangs, but I think that there are bigger fish to fry.
I'm not sure.

There are many gun owners that just hunt or target shoot that are responsible with there guns.

We need to change the culture of those that believe a gun solved conflict, but how do we do that when our government seems to believe that they work for solving conflict?

Last edited:
Poverty is only part of the reason. The poverty rate amongst Black Americans is 21%. 10% for White Americans and Asians. So, you'd think that the violent crime rate for Black youth would be roughly twice that of White and Asian youth, but it is actually several times that. In 2020 (the most recent year I could find this data for), 58% of juveniles charged with murder were Black, 39% were White, and 1% were Asian. In 2020, the US was 59% White, 12.5% Black, and 6.3% Asian.

Note that whites make up about 75% of the US population, if you count white Hispanics like the offending rates do.

I agree that a dog is a companion that gives unconditional love. I love my dogs. Not everyone has the time or money for a dog, though. Some landlords don't allow dogs or charge expensive fees to have animals. "Just get a dog" is not a valid option for a lot of people. Also, some burglars don't give a shit if a dog makes noise.
I see your last point. Of course, it would make a shit to most burglars if the dog was say a pit bull as opposed to a chihuahua.

Is there a mom in the picture? Haven’t seen any mention of her and whatever role she may have played in all this.

Back