Pagers Explode Across Lebanon | Israel commences military strikes in Lebanon

I think we found out the October surprise. Israel’s going to start a war in Lebanon because Bibi wants to help Trump and knows Arab-Israeli relations is the area that can fracture Dems’ base and motivate independents away from Dems.
That might come back to haunt them . Less than a third of independents and a sixth of Democrats like Bibi already. Killing more people probably won't move the needle in the direction you imply.

has anyone checked on Rashida Tlaib? Is she ok?
I know (think) this was meant as a joke, but honestly I have wondered if there would be any reports of people who were on the Israeli side who had a pager explode and injure them, this identifying any unexpected moles. That would be amazing.

Probably just keep calling everyone you disagree with a “bigot” or “racist” or whatever. Clowns keep juggling, right?
Anyone who votes for Trump is at least ok with bigotry and the comment from the clown on the other thread about how Harris isn't black is 100% racist in nature. So a hit dog hollers as they say.

Probably just keep calling everyone you disagree with a “bigot” or “racist” or whatever. Clowns keep juggling, right?
I can easily disagree with folks without calling them a bigot. But when someone out themselves as bigots, it's not wrong to call out what they do.

As far as what clowns do, I think the real question is how many bowling pins do you have in the air right now?

Because the healthcare workers aren’t Hezbollah,
This is not correct.

Hezbollah runs an extensive social services arm. Including clinics and schools. This is a huge part of why they are able to maintain their level of popular support. Hezbollah social services - Wikipedia

Why do I know this and you don't?

We can argue about whether it's fair to classify and treat the Hezbollah members who provide these services as "enemy combatants" (and hence blow them up), but you can't argue that they are not core Hezbollah members.

I honestly don't know if the run of the mill Hezbollah social services people were even issued these pagers. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't I don't think any of us know that yet. Maybe it was more efficient to just give everyone the same pager, but at the same time, I don't see a reason why teachers and medical workers needed to avoid satellite communications to hide their locations. The locations of social services facilities are all well known, they are not in hiding or anything.

I don't know if this has already been posted, but the NY Times is reporting that the company that manufactured the pagers was actually and Israeli shell company.

This story just keeps getting better. I guess you do what you have to do, if you're Israel, and you are surrounded by people who want to wipe you off the face of the Earth.

Last edited:
I can easily disagree with folks without calling them a bigot. But when someone out themselves as bigots, it's not wrong to call out what they do.

As far as what clowns do, I think the real question is how many bowling pins do you have in the air right now?
I wonder if your mom agrees with that first part?

I don't know if this has already been posted, but it's now being reported that the company that manufactured the pagers was actually and Israeli shell company.

This story just keeps getting better. I guess you do what you have to do, if you're Israel, when you are surrounded by people who want to wipe you off the face of the Earth.
The only side trying to wipe people off the earth is Israel. They use that fear excuse to work on people like you, when in actuality, they have always been the aggressors. You do know that Hezbollah was created to fight off Israel's invasion of Lebanon, right? They didn't just pop up because they wanted to wipe Israel off the map. That is a overused excuse that Israel likes to use to justify their terrorism.

Imagine the backlash if this had been a Lebanese shell company that had sent pagers to Israeli soldiers and it resulted in Israeli civilians being killed/hurt. There are some hypocritical people on this thread.

Israeli police, intelligence foil alleged $1 million plot to assassinate leaders

Israeli police and intelligence services said they foiled an Iranian plot to assassinate top leaders including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Moti Maman, a 73-year-old Israeli businessman from the city of Ashkelon, is accused of twice smuggling himself into Iran via Turkey to meet with intelligence officials directing would-be plots from Tehran.

The discussions allegedly included potential plans to attack Netanyahu, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, Shin Bet intelligence chief Ronen Bar and former Prime Minister Naftali Bennett, among others.

Police and Shin Bet said the alleged plots were intended as retaliation for the killing of Hamas chief Ismail Hanieyh in Tehran in July, which Iran blamed on Israel.

A joint police and Shin Bet statement also accused Maman of discussing the possibility of acting as a money courier for others in Israel, locating Russian and American elements for the elimination of Tehran's opponents in Europe and the U.S. and recruiting a Mossad "double agent."

You want to know how old I am? When I was studying world geography in the 5th grade, the text we were using described Lebanon as "The Switzerland of the Middle East."

You want to know how old I am? When I was studying world geography in the 5th grade, the text we were using described Lebanon as "The Switzerland of the Middle East."
Yes. Lebanon/Beirut were consided a tourist/vacation/Riviera type destination for many Euros as well as a mideast financial center. Controlled by a non-theocratic Christian government. Things began going to shit when radical muslims began infiltrating and eventually controlling the country.

I remember Beirut being called the “Paris of the Middle East;” and, that Saudi princes and other oil rich Middle Easterners used Beirut as a vacation destination for drinking, carousing, chasing women (it was the ‘70’s, chasing boys and young men wasn’t mentioned in Time, Newsweek, or the nightly news).

Back