Questions/Answers + Suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 104
  • Views: 813

Rock

Chef de Cuisine
Staff Member
Opening up this forum as early as we have, there is going to be a lot of things to change, things to fix, etc. Please feel free to point out anything wrong, ask questions, suggest things here.

Thanks for helping us get this place off the ground!

Also you may need this for the top of the site...
Ha that's great. There is much work to be done w/ the theme of the site but I figured I'd just throw in a placeholder one to get us up and running quicker.

we should have a thread or sub-board called "Take it Outside" -- whenever some posters start derailing a thread with personal attacks, we can suggest they take it outside and they just go to that board/thread to have at it. Sometimes people need to get that stuff out of their systems.

It's a bitch. Like ugh...46 in 4 weeks and man....
Tell me about it. I'm 53, started wearing glasses when I was 47, and my eyes have gotten worse almost every year. I prefer wearing frames / eyeglasses instead of contacts, but man they're a rip-off/overpriced.

Tell me about it. I'm 53, started wearing glasses when I was 47, and my eyes have gotten worse almost every year. I prefer wearing frames / eyeglasses instead of contacts, but man they're a rip-off/overpriced.

I trampled a really nice pair of glasses and since then I just buy cheap readers from CVS. They don’t look great but I’ll survive without dropping $500 on a pair of glasses every year.

I trampled a really nice pair of glasses and since then I just buy cheap readers from CVS. They don’t look great but I’ll survive without dropping $500 on a pair of glasses every year.
I'm a slow learner. I do keep a pair of foster grants (the "cheap readers" you mentioned) in the car in case I need them, which is more often than I would like to admit.

I'm a slow learner. I do keep a pair of foster grants (the "cheap readers" you mentioned) in the car in case I need them, which is more often than I would like to admit.
I use the three pack from Costco

My husband and I split them. Lol

Can we say words like shit and fuck?
For now, you sure can. I was going to have this discussion eventually with how the community feels but my thinking was, all language is ok with the exception of slurs. Those will get starred out and if you are using slurs, other problems will arise.

We will talk about many things like this in the coming days.

For now, you sure can. I was going to have this discussion eventually with how the community feels but my thinking was, all language is ok with the exception of slurs. Those will get starred out and if you are using slurs, other problems will arise.

We will talk about many things like this in the coming days.
100% endorse this

I saw you can change the style.... The default is blue and has a bit bigger font which is cool. But the logo goes away which sucks.

Still ...14 hours in? Amazing

I saw you can change the style.... The default is blue and has a bit bigger font which is cool. But the logo goes away which sucks.

Still ...14 hours in? Amazing
Thank you for reminding me of that. I will swap in a UNC logo but that style you are referring to is the default style that the people who made this forum created. My plan is to have several options for people to pick from.

Back