Quick note on ignoring threads...

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 0
  • Views: 118

Rock

Chef de Cuisine
Staff Member
I've received quite a bit of feedback about having threads that are off topic or about sports or whatever overwhelming other content. The ignore button has been in every thread but I understand it's kind of cumbersome to click into every thread, ignore it, then exit out.

I've enabled it so that there is an ignore button on the topic view that you can click to basically ignore threads in bulk. However, I do not like the way it looks as an always there feature so I'm going to say maybe Sunday evenings can be a clean up period where it will be present and then disable it. After ignoring a thread or multiple threads, simply refresh your browser to see them ignored. I'm happy to hear feedback on a concept such as that. As always, you can click on your name in the top right, then ignoring in the drop down menu, and see a list of threads that you are ignoring (and can unignore them there if you'd like.)

All that said, our new forum will be rolling out in the next week or so, hopefully, and you will be able to ignore topics from the get go based on their category so the above will largely be unnecessary.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts, otherwise, enjoy the Labor Day weekend and hey, it's September!

September 21 GIF by Earth, Wind & Fire

Back