Rashad McCants

CarolinaFever

Honored Member
Hey, I know the first thread was merged with the UNC football thread, but I meant it to be about McCants, not football.

Anyway, was McCants at the football game today for the 2005 team celebration? It looked like it might have been him in the bucket hat standing behind Felton. Has he been forgiven? Has he asked for forgiveness, or was he just invited anyway? Seems like that would have been awkward if he didn't apologize for all the things he has said about when he was playing at UNC.

Why wouldn't he be invited? He was an integral part of that team. I'm not sure we win the championship without him.
(I know he's said some stuff. Folks are just too damn sensitive)

no, he wasn't there. guy in the bucket hat is Marvin.

i cannot believe that anyone thinks it would be appropriate for him to be there - what he did goes well beyond people being "sensitive" about him saying a hell of a lot more than "some stuff."

he continues to run his mouth about Roy/UNC to this day.

unless/until there's a huge, partly public mea culpa from him to Roy and the rest of the staff / his teammates, dude should never be welcomed on campus again.

no, he wasn't there. guy in the bucket hat is Marvin.

i cannot believe that anyone thinks it would be appropriate for him to be there - what he did goes well beyond people being "sensitive" about him saying a hell of a lot more than "some stuff."

he continues to run his mouth about Roy/UNC to this day.

unless/until there's a huge, partly public mea culpa from him to Roy and the rest of the staff / his teammates, dude should never be welcomed on campus again.
Says the person who played absolutely zero role in the championship.

are you out of your gotdamn mind? the players and coaches agree with me.

he did this like 6 months ago: Rashad McCants Slams UNC, Roy Williams With New Accusations; Former Tar Heels Set Record Straight

feel free to join the rest of us here in realityland and stop JCD'ing for a mentally ill azzhole who trashes UNC/Roy at every opportunity.
Where are the quotes from Marvin, Jawad, Sean May, Felton, etc? Pinson and Jackson weren't on the team.

More improtantly, where's the quote from Roy? Roy's more forgiving than y'all. He'd invite Rashad.

Where are the quotes from Marvin, Jawad, Sean May, Felton, etc? Pinson and Jackson weren't on the team.

More improtantly, where's the quote from Roy? Roy's more forgiving than y'all. He'd invite Rashad.
Roy doesn't invite Rashad, though. he is persona non grata with the program.

if Roy and the guys forgive him, so will i and most UNC fans. but they haven't to this point.

he tried to "apologize" in 2020 and no one bit: Rashad McCants Asks for Forgiveness from UNC, Teammates, Fans

and then less than 4 years later went on Gilbert Arenas' podcast and trashed Roy/UNC/his teammates some more.

Felton said McCants is a dick and he doesn't want anything to do with him on Theo Pinson's podcast.

Last edited:
Hey, I know the first thread was merged with the UNC football thread, but I meant it to be about McCants, not football.

Anyway, was McCants at the football game today for the 2005 team celebration? It looked like it might have been him in the bucket hat standing behind Felton. Has he been forgiven? Has he asked for forgiveness, or was he just invited anyway? Seems like that would have been awkward if he didn't apologize for all the things he has said about when he was playing at UNC.
That's Marvin in the bucket hat

Roy is indeed far more forgiving than me. That's why the fa t that Roy has NOT remotely forgiven McCants should tell you how off base you are on this one.

are you out of your gotdamn mind? the players and coaches agree with me.

he did this like 6 months ago: Rashad McCants Slams UNC, Roy Williams With New Accusations; Former Tar Heels Set Record Straight

feel free to join the rest of us here in realityland and stop JCD'ing for a mentally ill azzhole who trashes UNC/Roy at every opportunity.
If he’s mentally ill, then shouldn’t he be welcomed and supported?

There would be no championship without McCants. There would not be subsequent championships without him. He turned the program around.

Back