The UNC System, the BOG, and the Majority in the NCGA

Would you estimate that eliminating the Departments of Classics, Religious Studies, Drama, and Philosophy while cutting majors in German and French would damage an institution's potential to provide an education?
Sort of the way Fawell Jr. cut programs that were not profitable at Liberty?

I don't really know what Falwell did at Liberty.
Listen to this sometime:

In one of the episodes, they talked about how he changed the school with only profits in mind. Eliminating degrees and classes that were not profitable, like philosophy.

There were some professors that spoke about how they were required to have so many students in their online classes that it became a hinderance to actually teaching.

There is a lot of other interesting information if you listen to the entire season.

Listen to this sometime:

In one of the episodes, they talked about how he changed the school with only profits in mind. Eliminating degrees and classes that were not profitable, like philosophy.

There were some professors that spoke about how they were required to have so many students in their online classes that it became a hinderance to actually teaching.

There is a lot of other interesting information if you listen to the entire season.

Thank you.

Listen to this sometime:

Liberty “University” was started from a segregationist “academy” and run by Jerry Falwell.

That’s all one needs to know.

Friends on the faculty at UNCC say they have been informed that they are not to attach their “Land Acknowledgment” to their work emails. I’m not sure if all such signatures are now prohibited (most likely) or simply that one. I’ll try and find out more.

As someone who worked very close with the South Bldg for 30 years some of you are giving the Chancellor position at UNC a lot more power than he/she actually has. Same goes for our AD position.

As someone who worked very close with the South Bldg for 30 years some of you are giving the Chancellor position at UNC a lot more power than he/she actually has. Same goes for our AD position.

As a measure of the general rottenness the Chancellor is a timely measure.

Last edited:
Welcome
Would you say people (like me ) that are all hurt that Chancellor Roberts has zero Univ experience are "off base " in our angst.That a generic "leader" is workable/
Thanks

Friends on the faculty at UNCC say they have been informed that they are not to attach their “Land Acknowledgment” to their work emails. I’m not sure if all such signatures are now prohibited (most likely) or simply that one. I’ll try and find out more.

More info: “Nothing but contact info and website. No quotes or links to publications. So it’s like a business card.”

Also no links to recent scholarship or any other text/lines/images that are outside of name, job title, university name, college/department, and contact info.

Quoting Legal Affairs: “The issue from a legal perspective is that once we open up a forum for speech, we cannot make distinctions based on the content of that speech or the viewpoint expressed. There is no way to permit a land acknowledgment (for example) without also permitting people to express alternative or competing perspectives.”

“Institutional neutrality” must be kept.

Last edited:
More info: “Nothing but contact info and website. No quotes or links to publications. So it’s like a business card.”

Also no links to recent scholarship or any other text/lines/images that are outside of name, job title, university name, college/department, and contact info.

Quoting Legal Affairs: “The issue from a legal perspective is that once we open up a forum for speech, we cannot make distinctions based on the content of that speech or the viewpoint expressed. There is no way to permit a land acknowledgment (for example) without also permitting people to express alternative or competing perspectives.”

“Institutional neutrality” must be kept.
Big Brother

Back