The Weather Thread | Severe Flooding at Carolina Beach, Tornado Warnings in Eastern NC

• Thread starter Thread starter TullyHeel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 190
  • Views: 3K
  • Off-Topic 

TullyHeel

A thread to discuss daily weather and weather events such as severe storms, tornadoes, hurricanes and winter storms.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one that should be left to specific events……90-95% of the time tomorrow will be like today.

Having someone other than CF start a weather thread feels like a breach of protocol.
200w.gif

Just getting rain today here on Grand Cayman 7 Mile Beach. We got lucky, the tropical storm went east of us towards Eastern Cuba and Bahamas.

The first cone is out for potential tropical storm Debby. Looks like the NC coast could get a tropical storm next week.

FB_IMG_1722612266866.jpg

Been all good in Caymans until today. Kids and I swam with dozens of these stingrays yesterday (Stingray City. a sandbar a few miles out).touristfedst.jpg20240731_111818.jpg
Holy Toledo I am envious. I haven't been near that kind of water in probably a decade. Looks gorgeous.

So in relation to the hurricanes, I saw that graphic showing warmer water temperatures that was like all hands on deck emergency because the whole map was blood red and it was going to be the worst season since the Katrina one...

Has it been bad? Is it living up to those expectations?

So in relation to the hurricanes, I saw that graphic showing warmer water temperatures that was like all hands on deck emergency because the whole map was blood red and it was going to be the worst season since the Katrina one...

Has it been bad? Is it living up to those expectations?
I don't think it's been bad so far. But hurricane season is still very early.

Really cool Krafty. Have you been to Hell yet?

Yes, I've been married once, and actually met the Devil. But down here with my kids, the best thing to come out of that hellacious experience.

Oh, I now see it is an area on the island half a football field in size. Black limestone. Had never heard of it. That is West Bay. We are on East Bay, 7 mile beach, Kimpton Seafire resort.

Hell_Grand_Cayman_(1).JPGHellgiftshop.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, I've been married once, and actually met the Devil. But down here with my kids, the best thing to come out of that hellacious experience.

Oh, I now see it is an area on the island half a football field in size. Black limestone. Had never heard of it. That is West Bay. We are on East Bay, 7 mile beach, Kimpton Seafire resort.

Hell_Grand_Cayman_(1).JPGHellgiftshop.jpeg
It has to be one of the most unusual places in the world. You just don’t expect to see something like that in a place like Grand Cayman.

Back