Thoughts on upcoming democratic convention

GoHeelsweeeehoooo

Exceptional Member
Mainly im wondering when do you have President Biden speak - I'm think the first night you focus on Biden and have him give the big speech that night - 2nd night have Obama - 3rd night the VP pick speak and obviously the last night is all about Harris

"when do you have President Biden speak"
Early in the day?
Joke Burn GIF by Travis

Maybe Biden will just stand there, and they'll play a pre-recorded audio message. Sort of like an audio thought bubble.
Then he can break out that big smile and say, "Just kidding!"

A friend and I were discussing this before he even made his announcement, and I like the idea.

The first or second day you make it a "This is Your Life" kind of thing honoring Joe Biden. I'll be honest, he was a lot better of a president than I expected him to be, and I think if people felt better about the economy, he'd have much higher approval ratings.

Anyway, give him a big sendoff. At the end of it he makes a speech about the future and Kamala, then the final night is all about her and moving forward.

Okay I will make a fool of myself
I DON'T want three different Trandsgender speakers Dems we all know your stand. Make protecting those folks a priority
Don't give that center stage and scare off borderline voters

I DON'T want three different Trandsgender speakers Dems we all know your stand. Make protecting those folks a priority
How about waving Palestinian flags on the convention floor? Great way to bring in undecided voters or no?

You’re not wrong. This is an issue we’ll eventually win, but not one that needs to be front and center right now.

A friend and I were discussing this before he even made his announcement, and I like the idea.

The first or second day you make it a "This is Your Life" kind of thing honoring Joe Biden. I'll be honest, he was a lot better of a president than I expected him to be, and I think if people felt better about the economy, he'd have much higher approval ratings.

Anyway, give him a big sendoff. At the end of it he makes a speech about the future and Kamala, then the final night is all about her and moving forward.
Love it

I don't think I would have Biden speak at all but that's just me.
He has to speak. He should introduce Kamala. That won't take long and then he can formally pass the torch.

Maybe they could play up the symbolism and have an actual torch to pass . . . oh wait.

Back