Ticketmaster Data Breach

• Thread starter Thread starter 05C40
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 5
  • Views: 107

05C40

Distinguished Member
ZZL Supporter
Situation: Via an internet search, I believe that a Ticketmaster data breach did occur. And what I believe to be a genuine article on the internet suggests that persons whose data actually may have been breached will be contacted by mail. Today, I received such a letter in the mail.

Question: How can I tell if the letter I received is genuinely from Ticketmaster and as such I should follow-up or whether the letter is just part of the hoax to get more information from me?

Any help would be appreciated.

My 79-y-o mom got such a letter last night but I told her to trash it b/c she hasn’t bought anything via Ticketmaster for over a decade.

My 79-y-o mom got such a letter last night but I told her to trash it b/c she hasn’t bought anything via Ticketmaster for over a decade.
I am tending toward your recommendation to your mother, because all the "solutions" offered in the letter are stuff that I implemented years ago.

fyi, Credit Karma is a decent free credit monitoring service. You do have to put up with a weekly email from them, but will get notified of your credit score going up/down as well as any new accounts being opened in your name. Their East coast HQ is in Charlotte.

Back