Trump Rallies & Interviews Catch-All | Trump: Jews will be to blame if I lose

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 939
  • Views: 21K
  • Politics 
Sounds like he plans to leave his name on the ballot where he’s already qualified (not sure if he could actually remove it at this point, but still). If that’s the case, I think the marginal benefit to Trump, which was already small, becomes miniscule. RFK supporters don’t give a shit about voting for the winner. They just want to vote for someone who’s not a R or D.
Exactly. In 2016 I was a Republican leaning independent who voted for Gary Johnson as a protest against the Republicans nominating an idiot like Trump. My politics hadn’t shifted enough to allow me to vote for Clinton yet and I wanted Republicans to know I was a vote that was there for the taking but for nominating Trump. Had Johnson dropped out after his Aleppo moment I would not have suddenly voted Trump, even if Johnson endorsed him. I would have simply picked another 3rd party candidate or wrote in Mickey Mouse or John McCain or something. Kennedy’s impact will be minimal to non-existent.

"Our brother Bobby's decision to endorse Trump today is a betrayal of the values that our father and our family hold most dear. It is a sad ending to a sad story.”

Sad ending to a sad story. You would think at some point it would resonate with RFK that he is doing wrong.

I feel vindicated. About 18 months ago I started a thread on the old ZZP-L about how I feared RFK Jr would end up trying to play spoiler (which was met with incredularity if not outright mockery).

While Kamala Harris’s surging campaign and joyful convention have captured the news cycle, the Trump campaign is projecting confidence and expecting a potentially crucial uptick in support if the independent candidate gets on board.

“…
Donald Trump’s campaign is hoping Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s anticipated exit and endorsement blunt any postconvention polling bounce Kamala Harris may get. “Trump understands numbers and knows RFK’s support is coming from Trump. This will give Trump a nice pop,” a top GOP strategist says.

How much of a pop is unclear, as some Kennedy backers could end up sitting out a two-person race. But according to a person close to Trump, the campaign projects Kennedy’s support could add two points in the critical swing states of Arizona and Pennsylvania. In a razor-tight race, that might tip the election toward Trump. “He is a very good person. If he endorsed me, I would be honored by it,” Trump said Thursday morning on Fox & Friends. …”

——

The only endorsement I ever recall impacting a presidential race was Perot dropping out and urging supporters to consider Bill Clinton. But Perot was leading in a lot of polls at the time.

IMO, their belief has little basis in reality. This is a flailing campaign desperately clinging to whatever shreds of hope they can find, and right now an endorsement from a weak third-party nutcase with a former brain worm who has all but admitted to sexually assaulting one of his kid's nannies and to heavy drug use back in the day is the best good news they can find.

The absolute best thing RFK can do for the Harris campaign is to go out and publicly use his voice in support of Trump. Anyone on the fence thinking about a third party vote that doesn't know of him, will instantly be turned off by him. I can't imagine Trump will allow him to do that if he can help it.

Back