Trump tries to dodge debate on ABC by "accepting" on FOX..

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 67
  • Views: 1K
Completely agree with everyone. I wonder if Kamala will still accept. Its high risk. She needs the exposure more than Trump, but despite the lies, he actually performs well in debates.
I would revise your last sentence to read, "She needs the exposure more than Trump, but because of his lies, he thinks he performs well in debates where his sycophants cheer every nonsensical jumble of words that pass his lips."

I would revise your last sentence to read, "She needs the exposure more than Trump, but because of his lies, he thinks he performs well in debates where his sycophants cheer every nonsensical jumble of words that pass his lips."

I don't know. I really think he thrashed Hillary even though he was making up lunacy. He beat all of his primary opponents in 2016 by making up stupid nicknames. I thought Biden beat him last election cycle, by standing up to him. And I'm not sure Trump won as much as Biden lost catastrophically during their last debate.

I think Trump does very well in these performative settings. I don't like his performances but I'm not going to vote for him anyway. But the polls don't lie. He usually gets a bump and often a pretty big one.

Not only should they stick to the agreed schedule, but there needs to be a Trump on stage. If not Donald, I'm sure they could get Alec Baldwin as a stand in. We wouldn't want Alec to steal the limelight; just to say the things Trump normally says. In fact, he could just read statements or tweets that Trump has made.

I don't know. I really think he thrashed Hillary even though he was making up lunacy. He beat all of his primary opponents in 2016 by making up stupid nicknames. I thought Biden beat him last election cycle, by standing up to him. And I'm not sure Trump won as much as Biden lost catastrophically during their last debate.

I think Trump does very well in these performative settings. I don't like his performances but I'm not going to vote for him anyway. But the polls don't lie. He usually gets a bump and often a pretty big one.
Hillary had a massive negative Q. A box of Wheaties would best her in a debate. This was also back when folk honestly thought that (a) Trump was a businessman and (b) he would start acting Presidential. Any day now...

I would not use the term thrash. The Comey letter and her foolish campaign to go for a mandate rather than sealing the Blue Wall were her self-thrashings.

Completely agree with everyone. I wonder if Kamala will still accept. Its high risk. She needs the exposure more than Trump, but despite the lies, he actually performs well in debates.
Depends on how you define performs well. Sometimes polls regarding debate performance have all sorts of crazy responses. I saw a poll after one of his debates where a majority of respondents said he won the debate but a similar majority said the debate made them less likely to vote for him. I think the average American thinks "winning" a debate means you shouted down your opponent and dominated speaking time regardless of the nonsense making you think less of the debater. Hillary destroyed Trump in the debates but lost the election. Biden won on substance in 2020, but Trump dominated the conversation, and Biden won the election. The last debate was about Biden being a vegetable, but Trump was pretty terrible in it too, that was just overshadowed by Biden's issues.

The last debate was about Biden being a vegetable, but Trump was pretty terrible in it too, that was just overshadowed by Biden's issues.
I get what you're saying, but maybe we can be a little kinder to Biden. I mean, the man has been an exemplary public servant his whole life. I have not always agreed with him. I have found his politics to be frustrating, at times. He didn't have the balls to kill Clarence Thomas' nomination and we are still paying the price.

But his heart has always been in the right place. He has done some great things. And of course, his presidency has been wildly more successful than any of could have predicted, given the difficulties he faced in Congress with 49 Dems in the Senate, against 49 Pubs and a wholly owned subsidiary of private equity and another one of the coal industry.

So yeah, he's old. It was a bad debate performance. He's not a vegetable. He's not cognitively impaired. After all, on the day he dropped out of the race, he was negotiating for the hostages' release. Duty called, until the end. Here's what he is -- too old to do the two most demanding jobs in the country (president and presidential candidate) at the same time.

I know that you're speaking metaphorically, that you're exaggerating because it can be effective rhetorically. Still, how about a little bit more respect for the man? Is that too much for me to ask?

This thread must be satire or something. You guys realize your last candidate had to quit politics after the last debate right? And you think Trump is scared to debate Harris?

This thread must be satire or something. You guys realize your last candidate had to quit politics after the last debate right? And you think Trump is scared to debate Harris?
He is terrified of strong black women.

He is a felon, and you don't think he is afraid to debate a prosecutor ?

Back