UNC Basketball Thread

Virginia’s style of play looked and worked just fine from 2014-2019 when they had mostly 3rd, 4th, and even 5th year guys running it. If you watch some of their offensive sets from games during that time period, particularly 2018 and 2019, some of the screening, cutting, movement without the ball, and passing were textbook. It’s an “ugly” style of play for UNC fans because we are used to high-tempo, push the pace, secondary break offense. But the UVA offensive system itself is fine- the problem has been since the advent of the transfer portal, they can’t redshirt and/or keep guys 3, 4, 5 years. And their system is not one that is easily learned and mastered in 1 or even 2 years. It’s definitely a “different strokes for different folks” type of system, but when it works well, it’s like the old Georgia Tech triple option offense in football: it drives the opponent nuts and it works with maddening efficiency.

Wait, why do we have a UVa thread on this board in September?

And how did it get to be four pages? That's more action than there is in a week of UVa hoops.

Wait, why do we have a UVa thread on this board in September?

And how did it get to be four pages? That's more action than there is in a week of UVa hoops.
Cause I started a UNC basketball thread and folks kept talking d00k or UVA crap on here…. Even after I clued them in on the fact that we already have a college basketball catch all thread on which they can discuss those other teams.

I got tired of sifting through Bennett this and Bennett that so I gave them what they wanted.

I’ll eventually change it back to the original UNC Basketball thread it was intended to be. Read all 4 pages and you’ll see it in there somewhere.

Back