Vance and Pronatalism

Centerpiece

Esteemed Member
It’s not only J.D. Vance fixating on childlessness the pronatalists, explained... a broad ideological movement driven by concern that the world is not producing enough children and that society should work to change that. I can recall the days when over-population was the worry... the world had finite resources and too many people in the world created issues... children starving in over-populated areas. I'm guessing we still have children starving in some regions of the world. Vox has an interesting read on the subject, linked below. At the end of the day, people like Musk, Vance and Trump just want enough worker bees to populate the factories, work the fields and such... working for slave labor wages. It's all a Handmaid's Tale in the end.

Good old Thomas Malthus to the rescue.

Malthusianism is the theory that population growth is potentially exponential, according to the Malthusian growth model, while the growth of the food supply or other resources is linear, which eventually reduces living standards to the point of triggering a population decline.

Good old Thomas Malthus to the rescue.

Malthusianism is the theory that population growth is potentially exponential, according to the Malthusian growth model, while the growth of the food supply or other resources is linear, which eventually reduces living standards to the point of triggering a population decline.
And makes great fodder for books like Dan Brown’s “Inferno”

It’s not only J.D. Vance fixating on childlessness the pronatalists, explained... a broad ideological movement driven by concern that the world is not producing enough children and that society should work to change that. I can recall the days when over-population was the worry... the world had finite resources and too many people in the world created issues... children starving in over-populated areas. I'm guessing we still have children starving in some regions of the world. Vox has an interesting read on the subject, linked below. At the end of the day, people like Musk, Vance and Trump just want enough worker bees to populate the factories, work the fields and such... working for slave labor wages. It's all a Handmaid's Tale in the end.

Key difference is that Vance and others on the right want white Christian native-born Americans to do the breeding. It’s not so much pronatal as it is nationalism/Replacement Theory stuff.

Back