Weak Forest

Wake would be good in a conference with App, ECU and Charlotte.
If I were them, I'd want to find (as much as possible) a conference with other private schools. It seems to me like they'd have a lot more in common with those schools than a bunch of larger public schools.

Lol. I kind of understand where Kiffin is coming from (even if he said it in a whiney way), but realistically Ole Miss was probably going to pound Wake Forest into the dirt again anyway. Filling that spot with a random G5 team isn’t going to be that much of a downgrade to their schedule in the grand scheme of things.

I think its more about Wake taking advantage of Ole Miss. The AD doesn't care that Wake Forest was going to get destroyed. Otherwise they would have scheduled a much weaker team.

The AD cares about the ticket sales and the money that comes with it. Ole Miss is a big draw and coming into town and selling a bunch of tickets was why they were scheduled. Ole Miss expected a return trip so they could sell some tickets but Wake ditched them. Now Ole Miss will have to pay a couple million to pound someone like Troy State and Wake Forest will have to struggle to find another big name opponent that trusts them enough to give them a home and home.

Lol. I kind of understand where Kiffin is coming from (even if he said it in a whiney way), but realistically Ole Miss was probably going to pound Wake Forest into the dirt again anyway. Filling that spot with a random G5 team isn’t going to be that much of a downgrade to their schedule in the grand scheme of things.
I think the SEC requires at least one OOC opponent to be a Power 4 team - so they will likely have to get an exception as there is no one left to schedule. And then the pundits will ding them on a weak OOC schedule with no Power 4 teams next year when it is something that was beyond their control (and yes I recognize that they originally scheduled one of the weakest Power 4 teams in WF to fill that spot)

Back