2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 55K
  • Politics 
I couldn’t quite remember what the income cut off was but I knew earlier in the year I had read about the Biden team putting forth a proposal for a childcare subsidy. It looks like it had a cut off of $200,000 household income.

“As part of his budget proposal on Monday, President Joe Biden is asking Congress to make child care more affordable for the parents of 16 million children around the country.

The president is requesting a $500 million increase in Child Care and Development Block Grant funding, which states use to lower the cost of child care for low-income families and raise child care provider wages.

But advocates say it’s not enough to stabilize the nation’s child care system, which has been teetering ever since the nearly $40 billion in child care subsidies approved under the American Rescue Plan Act expired at the end of September.

As part of his budget proposal on Monday, President Joe Biden is asking Congress to make child care more affordable for the parents of 16 million children around the country.

The president is requesting a $500 million increase in Child Care and Development Block Grant funding, which states use to lower the cost of child care for low-income families and raise child care provider wages.

But advocates say it’s not enough to stabilize the nation’s child care system, which has been teetering ever since the nearly $40 billion in child care subsidies approved under the American Rescue Plan Act expired at the end of September.

Biden’s proposal would give providers some help, said Patricia Cole, senior policy director for the advocacy group Zero to Three. But it wouldn't be enough.

She applauded a separate proposal in Biden’s budget to create “a historic new program” in which households making up to $200,000 would receive subsidies to pay for child care. According to the proposal, most parents would pay just $10 a day. Low-income families would receive free child care.

The new program would mainly benefit parents, Cole said, adding that, although the administration has not released details of the proposal, it could still include much-needed funding to raise the salaries of child care workers.

To stabilize the industry, though, Cole said Congress would have to approve the $16 billion that Biden requested last year to restore the ARPA child care subsidies for providers as part of the current fiscal year’s spending. Biden is expected to continue seeking the funding as part of supplemental funding separate from the normal budget legislation. But Congress does not appear to be considering such an increase.

Cole said the child care grants could also see a slight increase in the final six appropriations bills the House and Senate are currently negotiating.“

This is an interesting aside that should be its own thread -- this thread is intended for election polling data and discussion.

THANKS.

No kidding haha.

I think there will be more wiggle room though. I don’t think all three of Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia are going to go red, and in fact I think that there is a very good chance all three go blue.
Agree. I think they might just be using their own ABC polls. I have seen more AZ and NV since the change that makes them see bluer than red

Feel free to start it if you’d like. For some weird reason I’m uncomfortable generating new threads. Couldn’t tell ya why haha
Same. I've always assumed it's my disdain for attention and fear of rejection. I think the only thread I've ever started was on a music forum and asked some variation of "Is Creed accepted as a Christian band?". IIRC, this was around the time Scott Stapp fell, or jumped, out of a window and many, many years since my befuddlement at the popularity of Creed.

. . .. I always get a kick out of some of my MAGA family members whining and complaining about how their grocery bill is "200% higher" now than it was when, presumably, Trump was in office. . . ..

But, but, but, St. Donald of Mar-a-Lago told them that groceries are 200% higher. Do you expect them to deny the "Inerrant Truth" of a St Donald stump speech?

Back