2024 Political Polls

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 2K
  • Views: 56K
  • Politics 
I think unfortunately, that who really does better in debates is much less important these days than who outperforms their expectations (largely by the media sphere). I mean, in the first debate Trump was hot garbage, but he's rarely ever made any actual rhetorical sense and so there are no expectations for him to do so in any debate or public forum. It's incredibly frustrating, but the media basically sets the bar for Trump in a place where he'd have to literally piss his pants mid-debate in order to get the kind of negative attention that Biden got after the first debate (not so different from how the bar was laid on the floor for Bush during debates). The only source of optimism I have for this years debates is that the Harris-Walz team has already shown that they're savvy to how the meme-like messaging is more important than winning some sort of high school debate contest. I would hope they will use the debates to hammer home how weird and creepy Trump and Vance are.
^All of this.

They don't have to - Trump hasn't done better in any of his debates with Clinton or Biden and it doesn't matter. He didn't beat Biden in the first debate in any real debating sense, but Biden lost it by seeming to be mentally out to lunch for the first half-hour or so. If Harris or Walz get any facts wrong or Trump or Vance hit them with a good one-liner and they can't respond then you can bet that the news media will be all over it. I certainly feel far better about Harris doing well against Trump than Biden, and Walz should certainly be able to more than hold his own against Vance, but if this campaign has shown us anything so far it is to expect the unexpected. My own guess is that they'll both do fine, but I'm not counting on anything in this crazy campaign year until it actually happens.
I think you're giving Trump way too much credit. Harris will mop the floor with him. Trump is going to get so flustered having to deal with a woman of color like Harris.

I'll give it a go...

Between 1976 and 2008 (with 1983-86 spent in Boone and 1990-91 in Guatemala)
1.Everett Dorm
2.I-9 Old Well Apartments, Carrboro
3.A-1 Oak Terrace Apartments
4.Booker Creek Apartments
5.100 Old Pittsboro Road, Carrboro
6.In a house way down Merritt Drive off of 15-501
7.House on Pritchard Avenue Extension
8.Boarding house on McCauley Street
9.House at 1512 E. Franklin Street
10.House at 1510 E. Franklin Street
11.#3 Oakwood Drive in Glen Lennox
12.A Shack on Dodson’s Crossroads, out HGWY 54
13.1202 N. Greensboro, Street, Carrboro
14.House at 102 Plant Road
15.Condo on Elizabeth Street
16.44 Dogwood Acres Drive

After Dogwood Acres I moved to Greensboro, then Asheville, then Weaverville, and now split my time between NYC and Fairview -- that adds 6 more abodes to the list.

BTW...that laundromat, i.e., "other" building was also a bar at least once and on another occasion a "massage" parlor.
Not to be a buzzkill but this thread is being severely derailed.

First time to watch real-time, broadcast TV in a while. Tuned into the local CBS affiliate to watch 60 minutes. Saw two pro trump ads and one for Harris. I hate political ads in general. But I really detest those two trump spots.

First time to watch real-time, broadcast TV in a while. Tuned into the local CBS affiliate to watch 60 minutes. Saw two pro trump ads and one for Harris. I hate political ads in general. But I really detest those two trump spots.
The stupid one with her dancing? Like it's a bad thing to enjoy life?

That man never laughs

I think you're giving Trump way too much credit. Harris will mop the floor with him. Trump is going to get so flustered having to deal with a woman of color like Harris.
Well, I certainly hope and pray that you're right, and that Walz cleans Vance's clock in their debate as well.

I’d actually like to see someone concoct a pro-Mark Robinson ad.
His campaign has a couple. One where he talks about growing up poor. The other is him and his wife talking about their decision to have an abortion and then tries to sell his “reasonable” anti-abortion stance.

Back