2024 Presidential Election | 43 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 91K
  • Politics 

She brings up an interesting point, a self-evident truth, sort of saying the quiet part out loud. She is saying that Trump is treating his audience as if they are stupid, but what she didn't mention is that his audience is not the American people, it is his voters. So yeah, his audience ain't very smart, and that is why he treats them that way.

This bring up another thought. Trump really isn't capable of speaking on a reasonably rational, logical, mature, intellectual level because he isn't any of those things. So really, it is less treating them like they are stupid and more him just being himself. Nikki Haley wants the leopard to change his spots, and I don't think it is gonna happen. I guess I appreciate the moment of clarity brought to us by Nikki Haley.

She brings up an interesting point, a self-evident truth, sort of saying the quiet part out loud. She is saying that Trump is treating his audience as if they are stupid, but what she didn't mention is that his audience is not the American people, it is his voters. So yeah, his audience ain't very smart, and that is why he treats them that way.

This bring up another thought. Trump really isn't capable of speaking on a reasonably rational, logical, mature, intellectual level because he isn't any of those things. So really, it is less treating them like they are stupid and more him just being himself. Nikki Haley wants the leopard to change his spots, and I don't think it is gonna happen. I guess I appreciate the moment of clarity brought to us by Nikki Haley.
At some point one would think that Trump's voters would get offended at being treated like absolute brainless morons by Trump and the rest of MAGA world who have been grifting off them for a decade now. The problem, of course, is that it would require confronting the fact that they've been morons and dupes the whole time, which their egos will likely never allow.

Last edited:
"If Kamala Harris becomes the first woman president, her first accomplishment could well have already happened—elevating and honoring the positive side of masculinity.

Tim Walz, whose politics are to the left of most Americans and certainly most swing voters, has been welcomed not as a box-checking, progressive pick, but as a Midwestern dad who poses with his hunting dog, served for 24 years in the military, and coached the high school football team to a state championship. He’s a man’s man without being a strutting jackass. He can speak of volunteering for the national guard at age 17 and then segue to naming his first child Hope after years of infertility.

I don’t know if any of this factored into Harris’s calculations, but a good male role model is an excellent foil for the swaggering, snarling, cartoonish version of masculinity on offer from the Republican party right now."

"He’s a man’s man without being a strutting jackass."

That is gold.

I believe it started before Trump. He and the loons just amplified it. There was a time before congress folks went flying off every weerkend to raise money. They stayed in DC and attended the same "must attend" parties thrown by the socialites. Newt and his cohorts began the animus we see today.
Yes, this animosity and vilifying the opponent began with Newet Gingrich and the rise of rightwing talking heads like Limbaugh, but was still more civil before Trump, who blew everything up in a bad way.

Teamsters’ Black Caucus Endorses Harris While Parent Union Stays Silent​

The move aligns the caucus with other big organized-labor groups, but the Teamsters president, who spoke at the Republican convention, has indicated he is open to backing Trump.

Yes, this animosity and vilifying the opponent began with Newet Gingrich and the rise of rightwing talking heads like Limbaugh, but was still more civil before Trump, who blew everything up in a bad way.
It began way before that. I mean, it's been there since the beginning, but if we're talking about our current cycle -- you have to go back at least as far as 88.

Back