2024 Presidential Election | 43 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 91K
  • Politics 
Had to get his vote in early before he is not officially eligible to vote as a felon. Lol
I had this same question. Apparently he can still vote this election...

"But he can still vote as long as he stays out of prison in New York state. That’s because Florida defers to other states’ disenfranchisement rules for residents convicted of out-of-state felonies. In Trump’s case, New York law only removes the right to vote for people convicted of felonies when they’re incarcerated."

I had this same question. Apparently he can still vote this election...

"But he can still vote as long as he stays out of prison in New York state. That’s because Florida defers to other states’ disenfranchisement rules for residents convicted of out-of-state felonies. In Trump’s case, New York law only removes the right to vote for people convicted of felonies when they’re incarcerated."
That’s interesting. Several years ago, former Charlotte Mayor Patrick Cannon pled guilty in federal court to corruption charges. After he pled guilty, but before he was sentenced and before judgment was entered, he voted in an election. He was then charged in state court with voter fraud based on voting as a convicted felon prior to having his rights restored. It raised the question of whether it counted as a conviction at that point, since he had not yet been sentenced and judgment had not yet been entered. As it turned out, it was considered a conviction under the law, thus he was prohibited from voting.

Same here. I'm Independent for life now.
Yep. I highly doubt I'll ever change my independent affiliation, too. And it's going to be a really long time- and it's going to take a complete evisceration of the MAGA control of the GOP- for me to ever consider voting for a Republican at the national level ever again. Watching the entire GOP completely surrender to Trump over the last 8 years has been repulsive and it's not something I'll probably be able to forgive and forget.

A-fucking-men.

Sincerely,

A Former Republican

Lots of writing over the last few years about how Americans, and especially younger Americans, are avoiding group affiliation of all types. Political identity is certainly included in that.

Back