2024 Presidential Election | 44 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 
For real, there's some '08 energy going around. This election could very well turn into a decisive victory. A huge one.

Kamala is over here talking about her hopeful plans for the future, and Trump is over there complaining that America's cities are hellholes and showers don't put out as much water as they used to.

For real, there's some '08 energy going around. This election could very well turn into a decisive victory. A huge one.

Kamala is over here talking about her hopeful plans for the future, and Trump is over there complaining that America's cities are hellholes and showers don't put out as much water as they used to.
and sharks and boat batteries and windwills and seals and Hannibal Lecter

See, this right here is what I'm looking for. You've become my barometer. Probably a bad choice, given that you -- unlike 99% of Americans -- are a partner at a Big Law firm, but life works in mysterious ways. Anyway, I was depressed by your reaction to the debate. Now you're getting my hopes up, even more than before.

I'm loving how she ends her speeches. Even though I've heard it now 3-4 times, the last minute or so of them with the buildup just ends so strong. I can't help but get ready to run though a wall for her.

The Pubs are finally getting punched in the mouth and they can’t handle it. Not quite there yet, but the momentum here is so great the Pubs are at serious risk of getting run off the field.

The Pubs are finally getting punched in the mouth and they can’t handle it. Not quite there yet, but the momentum here is so great the Pubs are at serious risk of getting run off the field.
So funny and so cathartic to watch, right before our eyes, the real-time collapse of an entire political party that staked its entire existence over the last decade on being a bully.

I think each of those people probably have their own reason for hating Trump. For some it’s because they truly have a moral objection to him (Kasich, Romney). For others it’s because he swooped in and took the Republican Party by storm when it was “their turn” (Jeb, Liz Cheney). For others, they just enjoy performative theatrics and being the martyr (Kinzinger)

I have no idea what will happen to the old Republican Party from here. A lot probably depends on whether Trump is successful this year or not. I’m not sure all the new voters Trump has energized are ever going to support someone like Liz Cheney.
Well I’ll agree with you on one thing - having “no idea what will happen to the old Republican Party from here” seems accurate. It’s dead. It died a while back. The party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Eisenhower is long gone. Even the party of Ronald Reagan/George Bush (which was not quite the same as Lincoln-Eisenhower) is dead and gone. No, that Grand Old Party was usurped by tea-party, Maga, trumperistas. If I were an old school Republican (which I’m not) I think I might prefer the usurpers come up with a new name (The Tea Party maybe? Or the ‘T’ Party as an homage to Trump?) and let the George Will’s and Lincoln Project folks have their original brand back.

He's writing election fanfiction in which he's the protagonist.

He clearly isn't happy with reality and is escaping into comfortable fantasy.
Yes, this is why he added "and challenge me to another DEBATE!", which was the high point of his fortunes in this campaign (except for getting shot at) and therefor his (gotta say it) weird convention fantasy includes a return to that moment (I'm assuming even he doesn't want to return to getting shot at again, regardless of the enthusiasm bump he received). Gotta say, it's somehow satisfying that the moment that produced his highest highs (the debate) also set the stage for, hopefully, his utter ruin...

Back