2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 89K
  • Politics 

I mean... Putin said he was going to cyberwar with the West in a speech in Sochi in 2014. Brexit, the 2016 American election, Euro elections have been part of the campaign. In 2024 nothing has changed FNC, F*cker Tarlson, interwebz fake conservative "influencers" have been parroting RT talking points for years. Some duped. Some have been PAID.

This is what it looks like to vote against someone, rather than for someone. Cheney shouldn't be voting for Harris, but she's scared of Trump.

Republican former Rep. Liz Cheney will vote for Vice President Kamala Harris in November, she said during remarks at Duke University, according to audio obtained by CNN.

The former Wyoming congresswoman noted the importance of voting for Harris in states like North Carolina, where she appeared on Wednesday.

“I think it is crucially important for people to recognize, not only is what I just said about the danger that Trump poses something that should prevent people from voting for him, but I don’t believe that we have the luxury of writing in candidates’ names, particularly in swing states,” Cheney said.

“And as a conservative, as someone who believes in and cares about the Constitution, I have thought deeply about this, and because of the danger that Donald Trump poses, not only am I not voting for Donald Trump, but I will be voting for Kamala Harris,” she continued.

The Harris campaign highlighted Cheney’s endorsement Wednesday night and pointed to other Republicans who have backed her, including former Illinois Rep. Adam Kinzinger and former Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/04/politics/liz-cheney-voting-kamala-harris/index.html

GWqq0aMXAAAEm2A.jpeg

It’s not surprising, sadly, but the fact the press, post Biden’s withdrawal, is no longer talking about the cognitive abilities of one of the two candidates for president of the United States is a colossal abdication of their self-described responsibility to bring light to the darkness.
Is it, though?

It's not as if Trump's mental acuity hasn't been called into question. It's old news. Yes, he's older now and less energetic than he used to be, but is he any stupider? So many Americans have decided they just don't care.

That was the thing about Biden -- people remember when he was a smart guy and a capable VP. He was the favorite among people looking for competence in the country's leadership, and when he couldn't project confidence in that competence, it hit at his brand. Trump has always been a raving lunatic.

Trump to Adopt Elon Musk’s Proposal for Government Efficiency Commission​

Former president also to reiterate calls for lower corporate tax rate and steep regulation cuts​

“… The commission would conduct “a complete financial and performance audit of the entire federal government” and make “recommendations for drastic reform,” the Republican former president plans to say in an appearance before the Economic Club of New York. The goal would be to identify ways to eliminate fraud and improper payments, according to portions of the speech viewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The former president has long taken aim at the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act, which called for spending hundreds of billions of dollars to affect a swath of climate, healthcare and tax policies. In his speech, Trump plans to say he would rescind all unspent funds under the law. His campaign didn’t provide specifics, but the threat has alarmed Democrats. The White House, for example, is racing to lend moneyunder a clean-energy program that has faced criticism for moving too slowly.

There was more than $50 billion in unspent IRA funds at the Internal Revenue Service alone as of March 31, according to a government report. If Trump has a Republican Congress, lawmakers would be eager to pull that money back, shrinking the tax agency’s ability to boost enforcement. He would need congressional approval to repeal tax credits under the law. …”
Ah, yes. Rooting out government inefficiency. It's a bold new campaign strategy, never tried before. It's a good thing that Elon Musk thought of it -- otherwise, we'd have this bloated bureaucracy and job-killing regulations and nobody has ever thought of that before.

Jesus. As if many couples having kids have not been forced to ask their parents or grandparents for help because daycare is so damn expensive. I know young couples that have given up jobs they loved and moved back to their hometown because of a pregnancy and they simply couldn't afford daycare where they lived, so they moved back to their hometown so their parents and grandparents could help with childcare. But Vance no doubt thinks that he just came up with a brilliant idea that no one has thought of before. Just continues the GOP pattern of "We're going to make you have this baby, but when it's born you're on your own." And then they wonder why the birthrate is down.
I own a house in Ohio because of family daycare issues. My wife’s brother got married and they started having kids. They don't make much money (he runs a tire store and she is a nurse) but they had three kids they couldn’t really afford. My father-in-law had recently retired and he became the primary childcare provider. He lived in a nearby town and they were always transporting kids back and forth.

The house two doors down from them came on the market and they were talking about how nice it would be if father-in-law (who is a renter and living month-to-month on his Social Security) could buy that house. Of course between all of them they couldn’t swing it financially so they approached my wife and I. It was a nice little house and a three minute walk to a city park on Lake Erie, so we bought it and basically charge him rent that matches the monthly mortgage payment. It’s less than half the market rate for the property but it’s helping the family and it’s a good situation for all of them and not a bad long term investment for us (although we are giving up a significant amount of rental income thanks to the friends and family discount.)

The kids are older and all in school so the daycare issue is less pressing these days. When my father-in-law is no longer around we will decide to sell the place or fix it up and spend our summers on Lake Erie instead of in sweltering Charlotte. This is just another story about how people are forced to deal creatively with daycare issues.

That orange SOB said "I said it would be a terrible thing" to put Hillary in jail. What a FRAUD. He even led the chants

Trump to Adopt Elon Musk’s Proposal for Government Efficiency Commission​

Former president also to reiterate calls for lower corporate tax rate and steep regulation cuts​

“… The commission would conduct “a complete financial and performance audit of the entire federal government” and make “recommendations for drastic reform,” the Republican former president plans to say in an appearance before the Economic Club of New York. The goal would be to identify ways to eliminate fraud and improper payments, according to portions of the speech viewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The former president has long taken aim at the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act, which called for spending hundreds of billions of dollars to affect a swath of climate, healthcare and tax policies. In his speech, Trump plans to say he would rescind all unspent funds under the law. His campaign didn’t provide specifics, but the threat has alarmed Democrats. The White House, for example, is racing to lend moneyunder a clean-energy program that has faced criticism for moving too slowly.

There was more than $50 billion in unspent IRA funds at the Internal Revenue Service alone as of March 31, according to a government report. If Trump has a Republican Congress, lawmakers would be eager to pull that money back, shrinking the tax agency’s ability to boost enforcement. He would need congressional approval to repeal tax credits under the law. …”
Shocking that musk wants a tax cut. Again. Fuck that guy.

“… The two staffers, according to a source with knowledge of the incident, are deputy campaign manager Justin Caporale and Michel Picard, a member of Trump’s advance team.

… ANC rules, that had been made clear to the Trump campaign in advance, say that only an official Arlington photographer can take pictures or film in Section 60.

When an ANC employee tried to enforce the rules, she was verbally abused by the two Trump campaign operatives, according to a source with knowledge of the incident.

Picard then pushed her out of the way according to two Pentagon officials. …”

Have we discussed this?

White nationalist Nick Fuentes blasted Trump Sept. 4 for admitting that he lost the 2020 election, and said that he will work to get voters not to back Trump.

"So, why did we do Stop the Steal? Why did did anyone go to Jan. 6? Why did any one go to jail? ... It would have been good to know that before 1,600 people got charged," Fuentes said on his podcast, referring to the criminal charges for those who invaded and ransacked the Capitol. "It would’ve been good to know that before (I) had all my money frozen, put on a no-fly list, banned from everything, lost all my bank and payment processing.”

This came up in the Trump rally and interview thread, but this answer is astonishingly incoherent (after JD gave the “let grandma do it” answer the day before), so wanted to add it here, too (I added paragraph breaks to make it easier to read).

“Well, I would do that, and we're sitting down, and I was, somebody, we had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka was so, uh, impactful on that issue. It's a very important issue.

But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about, that, because, look, child care is child care is.

Couldn't, you know, there's something, you have to have it – in this country you have to have it.But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to — but they'll get used to it very quickly – and it's not gonna stop them from doing business with us, but they'll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country.

Uh, those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including child care, that it's going to take care.

We're gonna have - I, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with, uh, the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with child care.

I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, uh, that I just told you about.We're gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as child care, uh, is talked about as being expensive, it's, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we'll be taking in.

We're going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we'll worry about the rest of the world.

Let's help other people, but we're going to take care of our country first.

This is about America first. It's about Make America Great Again, we have to do it because right now we're a failing nation, so we'll take care of it.

Thank you. Very good question. Thank you.”

Video:

TBF, Harris is making prepared remarks and Trump was taking questions from a panel. But at least Harris had prepared a plan to address the issue broadly.

Btw, here is JD Vance offering his off-the-cuff solution:

Last edited:
Back