2024 Presidential Election | 46 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
Dude. Same here. It's unreal. I was already feeling stressed and anxious *before* the debate, but the moment that I saw Biden appear on the stage, my heart just sank. I've spent the last three weeks since the debate feeling varying degrees of despondent, exasperated, and exhausted- and honestly, if I am truly being honest with myself, I was starting to kind of feel resigned to Trump 2.0.

The last 72 hours, though, have been such an indescribably exhilarating feeling. A complete and total 180. I don't think I have felt this energetic and this excited and this hopeful about the election in years...if ever. Seeing how seamless the passing of the torch has been, seeing the fundraising records completely shattered, seeing the entire party coalesce, seeing the reactions all over social media, seeing how energized and exuberant and exhilarated everyone else is, has given me so much excitement for the election. I recognize that we have a lot of work to do, and that we even may have a sharp uphill climb. But now I'm excited and enthused and ready to roll up my sleeves and go to work to crush MAGA in November.
I watched the first 5 minutes of the debate, said to nobody in particular "it's over" and changed the channel. Didn't watch the post debate coverage on any other news channel and haven't had my tv on CNN since.

I have a group text with three other friends that talk about politics and the first five minutes of the debate is just a string of one word texts like "fuck" "shit" "oh god" "kill me"

It immediately gave me PTSD flashbacks to my same friends talking about the night Trump won in 2016 where we were like haha look at the NYTimes election meter, it says Trump could win. Wait, it's looking real. Oh god. Etc.

Her campaign is so effing good at this already.

Your Craziest Fan — Fan watches Adventure Time - Episode 144

Fair warning ... prepare yourself for Trump & Vance as Bo & Luke Duke

Melania actually looks an awful lot like Daisy Duke. Although a bit odd that Donald is casting his wife to be his sister. Hmmmm....

There will definitely be stuff thrown at Harris as the new nominee. I had forgotten that she basically ran as a progressive or squad member, probably because she was out so early. She and campaign have to figure out how to address and distance from her actual positions back then.

Eliminating ICE, considering allowing felons to vote, giving illegal immigrants full benefits, health care and full and same rights as all citizens, that won't fly.

A Progressive will not win at the national level. This nonsense Calla is posting I don't even understand what is bad. These progressive positions are extremely bad for a nominee.

There will definitely be stuff thrown at Harris as the new nominee. I had forgotten that she basically ran as a progressive or squad member, probably because she was out so early. She and campaign have to figure out how to address and distance from her actual positions back then.

Eliminating ICE, considering allowing felons to vote, giving illegal immigrants full benefits, health care and full and same rights as all citizens, that won't fly.

A Progressive will not win at the national level. This nonsense Calla is posting I don't even understand what is bad. These progressive positions are extremely bad for a nominee.
One thing to remember is that many of her “extreme” positions were taken at a time four years ago when the progressives were at their “peak.” It came on the heels of the George Floyd killing, Bernie was leading after the first 3 primaries, and there was reflexive push to the far left to counter Trump’s regressive, Pro-police agenda when a lot of Americans were hurting.

I think Kamala tried to carve out her own space to the left of Biden and Buttigieg, but not as far as Bernie and Elizabeth Warren, and she struggled to articulate what she actually stood for. And because of the anti-police sentiment at the time, her career as a hardcore prosecutor worked against her.

Now, after four years of learning how to be “presidential,” and the fact she only had one opponent, she can lean into that law and order persona and not feel obligated to move too far left.

One thing to remember is that many of her “extreme” positions were taken at a time four years ago when the progressives were at their “peak.” It came on the heels of the George Floyd killing, Bernie was leading after the first 3 primaries, and there was reflexive push to the far left to counter Trump’s regressive, Pro-police agenda when a lot of Americans were hurting.

I think Kamala tried to carve out her own space to the left of Biden and Buttigieg, but not as far as Bernie and Elizabeth Warren, and she struggled to articulate what she actually stood for. And because of the anti-police sentiment at the time, her career as a hardcore prosecutor worked against her.

Now, after four years of learning how to be “presidential,” and the fact she only had one opponent, she can lean into that law and order persona and not feel obligated to move too far left.
George Floyd was killed in 2020, months after Harris dropped out of the primary. But progressives were definitely ascendant in the Democratic Party in 2019 and Harris’s prosecutor past was a liability.

I’m going to say it. Calla is not a net gain here.

His posts are childish and don’t add anything productive to the conversation.

Back