2024 Presidential Election | 47 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
Eh, after the Biden debacle, VA might actually have been in play. I don't think he'd have won here, but it would have been way too close. Youngkin is very popular and we (like lots of places) have a ton of blood red rural counties. Florida doesn't seem reasonable, but it went to Obama twice and is 3-3-1 since '96 (I count 2000 as a tie).
I would agree, 8 weeks ago, I had a very real fear that the Commonweaith of Virginia might very well go for Trump. At that time, it was a case of a 3 way race, Trump, Biden or the couch . . . and the couch was coming in at #2.

I would agree, 8 weeks ago, I had a very real fear that the Commonweaith of Virginia might very well go for Trump. At that time, it was a case of a 3 way race, Trump, Biden or the couch . . . and the couch was coming in at #2.
I don’t know if Youngkin is all that popular . You saw what happened in the last election.

I think Florida will be closer this time than it was in 2020 - there does seem to be some backlash going on over DeSantis and his heavy-handed administration and groups like Moms for Liberty - but I still think in the end it will go for Trump and likely Rick Scott, although he probably won't win by a large margin either. Part of the problem in Florida is that the state Democratic Party is a joke and dumpster fire and has been for many years - in 2020 they spent millions to outsource their get-out-the-vote drive to an out-of-state organization, which not surprisingly fell flat. In 2020 they also ignored the frantic warnings from local Democratic pols in South Florida that Trump was making significant inroads into several immigrant communities there. Until the Democrats can build a strong statewide organization instead of the factionalized mess they have had for years they'll likely continue to struggle there. They really need a Stacey Abrams type to do there what she did in Georgia.

I guess this is as close as he will get to apologizing for promoting Loomer and her racist and xenophobic statements (this one presumably is because of her cracks about Kamala making the White House smell like curry (and “collas”)?

I think Florida will be closer this time than it was in 2020 - there does seem to be some backlash going on over DeSantis and his heavy-handed administration and groups like Moms for Liberty - but I still think in the end it will go for Trump and likely Rick Scott, although he probably won't win by a large margin either. Part of the problem in Florida is that the state Democratic Party is a joke and dumpster fire and has been for many years - in 2020 they spent millions to outsource their get-out-the-vote drive to an out-of-state organization, which not surprisingly fell flat. In 2020 they also ignored the frantic warnings from local Democratic pols in South Florida that Trump was making significant inroads into several immigrant communities there. Until the Democrats can build a strong statewide organization instead of the factionalized mess they have had for years they'll likely continue to struggle there. They really need a Stacey Abrams type to do there what she did in Georgia.
Also Florida gets a steady influx of red voters seeking warmer weather.

At what point do we acknowledge that the Harris campaign has moved on from needling Trump about crowd size and is mainly employing the Trumpian crowd size is electoral destiny hype approach to momentum building?
I think those are two sides of the same coin. In other words, Kamala is leaning into her crowd sizes not only because it says something about momentum, but also because that continues to needle Trump. In fact, even now, I have a feeling the latter is more important to her.

Correct. This is like Charlie Brown and the football.

The Villages is HUGE. Although this might seem like a big crowd, it is barely a blip on the overall population there, who will resoundingly vote Pub.
Yup. If it really was two miles of golf carts, even if they were full of 4 people each that's only about 5280 people. And I am sure they were not bumper to bumper and carrying 4 people.
Villages population is about 80,000.

A couple of years ago, I was visiting Washington, DC and was on the National Mall. This was right after a bill had passed funding the hiring of additional IRS agents. This real hot young woman, accompanied by a camera man, both were with OAN, approached me. Now remember, I'm white, I'm an older male, and I speak with a pronounced Southern accent. Anyway this woman starts asking me a very loaded question, something like do I think it is a good idea to give the corrupt IRS more manpower and money to go after honest, hardworking Americans. Well I start my answer off with something like, I'm sure they have done a cost/benefit analysis and the additional tax revenues collected will exceed the cost of the new agents. And I added, that if these new agents focus their efforts on multi-millionaires and billionaires, then I was certain the cost/benefit analysis would be even better. At some point during my answer, the camera man stopped recording, took his camera off his shoulder, and started laughing. The hot young thing from OAN didn't ask any follow-up questions.

Last edited:
Yup. If it really was two miles of golf carts, even if they were full of 4 people each that's only about 5280 people. And I am sure they were not bumper to bumper and carrying 4 people.
Villages population is about 80,000.
In fairness most people in the community are too busy getting STDs

Back