2024 Presidential Election | 47 Days to Election Day

• Thread starter Thread starter nycfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 4K
  • Views: 88K
  • Politics 
Martha Raddatz did a fact check on Harris from the debate during the ABC Sunday show this morning, telling Kamala’s surrogate, Mass Gov. Maura Healey, telling Healey that it is not true that no U.S. military are in an active duty in any war zone because we have troops in Syria and Iraq — all have been under threat and every day, Navy Seals and others can be involved in a deadly risk).

I confess I don’t know if there is a military or regulatory definition of “active combat zone” but I thought Raddatz’s complaint made more sense as a matter of context than a gotcha claim that Harris doesn’t know we have troops in potential harm’s way. I thought that extrapolation by Raddatz was ridiculous.

Trump attacking mail-in voting and promoting voting fraud claims ahead of election :

[Trump appointed the postmaster general]

IMG_2830.jpeg
He is also still going hard on immigration but putting that in the crazy/immigration thread.

IMG_2827.jpeg

His internal polling must be pretty bad. This hurt him big time in 2020, but he decided to put his eggs in the rigged election basket to try and flip the result after the fact. He must be feeling the same way this time around.

Beating the drum that Harris will tax unrealized capital gains works for Trump in rural America. I spoke to several people last week in NW NC who echoed the thought that taxing unrealized capital gains will cause them to lose their land. All of them said they don't don't like Trump but will vote for him anyway to keep the Dems from taking their land.

Beating the drum that Harris will tax unrealized capital gains works for Trump in rural America. I spoke to several people last week in NW NC who echoed the thought that taxing unrealized capital gains will cause them to lose their land. All of them said they don't don't like Trump but will vote for him anyway to keep the Dems from taking their land.
Are they making over a million dollars a year? If so, then they shouldn't lose their land because they can afford to pay the tax.

If they don't make a million a year, the tax won't apply to them.

They have no idea they aren't millionaires?

Back