#BoondoggleInDowntownAsheville #FelonAlert

donbosco

Distinguished Member
IMG_4198.jpeg

Attention Asheville Residents and Visitors

On Wednesday, August 14th, significant traffic is expected in downtown Asheville due to the Trump campaign event at Harrah’s Cherokee Center. To ensure the safety and smooth flow of traffic, we remind all attendees and demonstrators to stay on sidewalks and adhere to traffic regulations.

Additionally, do not block roadways to ensure that emergency vehicles can provide critical services.
Important Guidelines:

Demonstrators: Three areas have been designated for demonstrators. Please stay on sidewalks and follow all traffic rules.

Regulations: Demonstrations, parades, and marches that block streets, intersections, or obstruct traffic flow are prohibited unless specifically permitted (NCGS § 14-277.2; Code 1965, § 25-4).

Anticipate that violations of the above-prohibited behaviors will result in enforcement actions.

What a great day to be not in downtown Asheville.

Consensus up here is he's hoping stupid protestors start some shit so he can call it a lawless librul hellscape or whatever and steal some free press coverage.

What a great day to be not in downtown Asheville.

Consensus up here is he's hoping stupid protestors start some shit so he can call it a lawless librul hellscape or whatever and steal some free press coverage.
I’m sure there are a good amount of folks in Asheville who are motivated to waste their time protesting. I think the thing to do is just ignore it.

I think they call it liberal b/c UNCA is a liberal arts college but when I went to school there 20 years ago, outside of campus it wasn't as liberal. Plus downtown Asheville area is rather crowded.

I think they call it liberal b/c UNCA is a liberal arts college but when I went to school there 20 years ago, outside of campus it wasn't as liberal. Plus downtown Asheville area is rather crowded.

Going to be tough moving forward to remain “the designated liberal arts branch of The University of North Carolina” with the elimination of the departments of Philosophy, Classics (Ancient Mediterranean Studies), Religious Studies, and Drama.

Back