Bringing over your post count from IC...

• Thread starter Thread starter Rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies: 32
  • Views: 401

Rock

Chef de Cuisine
Staff Member
I have the ability to manually change every users post count w/ the tap of a few buttons. It takes seconds to do. I'm also a nerd so would just do it while watching the Olympics in the background or something.

Post counts range in the tens of thousands over there and I think it lends a little gravitas to users so I'm happy to "continue" on your identity here.

What do you guys think? Would you want your post count reflected here since this is just another extension of ICZZL? Fresh start?

Lemme know.

Computer Working GIF

Honestly, doesn't matter to me in the slightest. I just look at the username and almost never the post count.

I have 40,000 But it doesn't give me any more "love" lol
I am all in for starting fresh

I'm fine with whatever approach is taken. Given that many of us have known each other by user name for years, we probably have a pretty good idea who is talking out of their ass and who is worth listening to.

I was once the high fives leader on the 247 boards when they did that for a brief time.

HighFive leaderboard 12.10.08.jpg

To add,
I was once the high fives leader on the 247 boards when they did that for a brief time.

HighFive leaderboard 12.10.08.jpg
Some of the stuff different forums utilized is amazing. Phog.net had a star system that people loved. You could tell the quality of a poster by their overall star rating computer from rating each post 1-5 stars.

To add,

Some of the stuff different forums utilized is amazing. Phog.net had a star system that people loved. You could tell the quality of a poster by their overall star rating computer from rating each post 1-5 stars.
Some iteration of the scout/247boards had that as well. Would be great here as a way of rating posts.

I don’t care but if you do bring them over my account on 247 is RandomSooner.

Never liked the name. Was just trying to think up a random name and that popped in my head.

I like ChapelHillSooner because it explains in part what the heck I am doing around here.

I deserve to keep count of the blood, sweat, and tears (lots of tears) I put into those 51,626. And that doesn't take into account the ones I lost when they changed over back in the day or the three that I had under an alias. :)

If they come over, then the ratings system will have to be adjusted accordingly or everyone will be a Master of the Universe.

I sometimes look at the join date to see who may have been around at the time of Mac's TTP. It's been a long journey.

Back